Etape Caledonia Recce Ride - 11th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Apologies for taking so long to start this thread but I have been without computer access at home (still trying to get it sorted).

Brief details just to get it going:

Time: 9am, 11th April 2010
Place: Escape Route bike shop, Pitlochry
Plan: whole route and shorter version
Official Site route: here
Bikely version: here

List of riders:

Noodley plus 2
kfinlay and his mate John
viniga
Stephen - D
themightyw
kennykool (plus 7)
fudgedog and his Perth Posse
eck

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
I'm in :biggrin: Told my work that Noodley says I must get time off so they agreed immediately :wacko:
Let's hope it's dry, not that it would put me off as I rode thought this yesterday:

Dunning Loop

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Just noticed the time, 9am! Good job I'm used to a 7am rise on a Sunday ooer missus ;) My mate and I are planning a run from the Forth bridge to Pitlochry via Dunning on Friday 26th March so long as I can get a train back in time for my second job at 4pm.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I intend to be there to check the legs and see how much more work will need to be done prior to THE EVENT.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Stephen-D said:
I intemd to pop up as well, took the day off work so will need to think of a reason to tell the misses ihave used my last 1 day holiday for this! :smile:
"A summons by Noodley" should be enough :biggrin:

.... followed by "But you haven't met Noodley !" ;)

Seamab

I hope to be there. Although i'm not doing the event, it is a nice route and good training for a proper sportive:tongue:

Stephen-D

If anyone from fife or surrounding area is going would it be a good idea to team up or go in groups to get there, transport etc? i dont have a bike carrier, i just dump my bike in the boot, its a 206 so theres only space for one more person ( i put the back seats down as my bike moans about being cramped in the back). or if anyone has a roof rack etc i would happily share petrol for the journey.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Certainly looks like there will a good sized bunch there, looking forward to it.
I've got a 60 mile run up to Pitlochry on Fri 26th Mar with my mate. Just hope I can get the bike on the train on the way back as I'll never manage to cycle it and have work to get to at 4pm.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Anyone got links to a map of the full route or a shorter version - if so can you post a link and I can then do a bit of editing so they are in the OP.

Top Bottom