Etape Caledonia Recce Ride - 11th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rip Van

Guru
If shifts allow I hope to make it. Recce'd it last year on Easter Sunday with half a dozen others. Breakfast stop at Post Taste? in Kinloch Rannoch.:tongue:

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Just had a look at Metcheck - lets hope the weather changes:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp?zipcode=pitlochry

:smile: :smile: :biggrin:

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Just been out and did the same 45 mile route I did last week, I just felt that it had almost beat me so had to do it again. Today was a 10mph easterly wind whereas last week was more of a 20mph westerly with lots of gusts. This week I did it in 2:50Hrs and while I did feel tired, I was a lot better than last week when I virtually collapsed on the couch ;) .
Also didn't want to push too hard due to the big run next week (hope it stays dryish) and plan to do an easy spin on Sunday. Feel like I have a chance of completing the Etape C in a reasonable time again although 4:30 may be a bit optimistic :bravo:
Lots of cyclists out today enjoying the sun, which was great and I even overtook a few :biggrin: all in all a good day :laugh:

fudgedog

Hope to make it, some of my mates will probably want to come along as well. I'll let you know next week, really needing to get the miles "no such thing as bad weather" ???

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

eck and I are cycling up to Pitlochry tomorrow so I'll have an idea of whether the roads are dodgy or not...and eck has indicated he'll be there on the 11th.

Drove through on Wednesday and they'd only had a bit of a dusting at Pitlochry, most of it had come down to the north.

Can't make the 11th myself but can you remeber to put the "fill that hole" number in your phones and report them as you go.

eck

Über Member
Noodley said:
eck and I are cycling up to Pitlochry tomorrow so I'll have an idea of whether the roads are dodgy or not...

Maybes aye and maybes no. Metcheck is forecasting "light sleet" for Pitlochry tomorrow. Ho hum.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

eck said:
Maybes aye and maybes no. Metcheck is forecasting "light sleet" for Pitlochry tomorrow. Ho hum.

Are you only saying this so you get to go to Comrie instead - no doubt 'sunshine' is forecast for Comrie ;)

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Looks like I'll definitely be opting for the shorter route option after today's pain and suffering. 85 miles in 6 hours :whistle:

I can barely move this evening...:reading:

themightyw

Still definitely up for this, though haven't been on the bike for a couple of weeks for a number of reasons (damn children, and damn their chicken pox). I won't be speedy thought!

Are we still on for the original start time etc?

Top Bottom