Etape Caledonia Recce Ride - 11th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

themightyw said:
Are we still on for the original start time etc?

Yes, as far as I am aware.

I still cannot get access to the route due to continued problems with my computer playing silly buggers, so I hope everyone else has a good look at the route so they know where they are going! I'll just follow along....

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
A wee reminder of the route:
http://www.etapecaledonia.co.uk/images/PDFs/Competitor-Map-2010.pdf

Would I be right in saying the shorter route would cut out Loch Rannoch which would save approx 25 miles?

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Now I just need to figure out what food/drink to take and how much. I tend to eat home made energy bars/bananas/fig rolls and drink home made or bought energy drink (2 bottles for 50 miles). Any recommendations to newbies like me?

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

kfinlay said:
Now I just need to figure out what food/drink to take and how much. I tend to eat home made energy bars/bananas/fig rolls and drink home made or bought energy drink (2 bottles for 50 miles). Any recommendations to newbies like me?

Aye dinnae do like I did yesterday and only have a banana before the ride and then a gel and some 'magic beans' :smile:

I have problems eating early in the morning and never usually eat until lunch time (or if I have cycled to work I can eat no problem) but I am going to make sure I've had something - probably a sandwich en route to the start and a banana. I have not thought what I'll need to take with me, but I have changed my mind again and will be riding the whole route - cafe stop at Rannoch for some coffee and cake could be on the cards. And I'll stick in a few gels as well. And remember to take them before I get tired :biggrin:

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

The weather forecast looks great - 14 degrees, sunshine and 1mph wind :becool::becool:

...let's hope it's right

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
yeah lets hope it stays good as thats ideal cycling weather, may even venture out in my new Castelli stuff :biggrin: - if Ribble deliver before then that is :becool:
going out in the wind tomorrow for a wee 25 miler to keep the legs spinning.
Look forward to meeting you guys as I've only met Scoosh and Satans Budgie who could be there on the day - if I forget your names its nothing personal I'm just terrible at remembering basic things like that :wacko:
Oh and my mate John is coming along too as he needs to get some miles in his legs for the Fred Whitton this year - hope thats okay too

Rip Van

Veteran
kfinlay said:
Look forward to meeting you guys - if I forget your names its nothing personal I'm just terrible at remembering basic things like that :becool:

+1:becool:

ACS

Legendary Member
Sorry I am going to have to pull out, we have visitors descending on us for the weekend and the SWMBO has rescinded my weekend pass.

The weather is looking very good so have a good run out.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

themightyw said:
Oh god, please don't leave me alone with all these fast lads!

It's a recce ride.

There will be nobody left on their own. I'm sure some guys will want to go it a real go and we should allow them to do so, but the main thing is that everyone gets round and sees the route - I'll be fine going at whatever pace people want.

Maybe we should ask at the start who is going to ride it as a 'balls out' effort and who is fine with a gentler pace?

Top Bottom