Etape Caledonia Recce Ride - 11th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
It will be my longest cycle so don't know how I'll manage, max I've done is 55 miles and that's just once at a very slow pace due to the ice and snow so was at little more than walking pace at times. I've done 45 miles a couple of times when it was windy, and that was solo effort but usually do up to 40 miles one day and 25 another day each week.

Could look at keeping the group together but if, say with about 20 miles to go, there is agreement for a faster bunch to go ahead then that would be fine by me.

Will I need to print a map of do most people know where they are going?

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Forecast for tomorrow is better than it was for today :laugh:

...eck and I will probably arrive about 8.30 so we can get organised and set off as near to 9 as we can. A couple of our clumates might also be there.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Should be there about 8:30ish too and I'll bring my £300 special, none of this fancy all-carbon gorgeousness for me ;)
Oh and if you see a silver Golf with black wheels (oldest boy racer in town :ohmy: ) looking lost then give me a peep or a wave!

time for a wee drink me thinks :wacko:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Have a great ride, guys and remember - it's only a recce, not a full-on 'set-a-time-to-beat' race ;)

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

It's a beautiful morning, clear sky and next to no wind but still a bit chilly. Here's hoping the air warms a little bit before the off.

See y'all there...

adscrim

Veteran
I'm so jealous. This weekend has been off the cards for a while so there was never any chance of me joining you.

It's bloody lovely here today. I imagine the thirty miles away is just as lovely. A perfect cycling day. Never mind, I'm sure there will be plenty of others like it this year....

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Fantastic day out; great company, superb scenery and perfect weather.

Thanks to all who turned up ;)

eck

Über Member
Aye, a smashing day out, even if I was breathing out my backside for long stretches. ;)
Perfect weather, stunning scenery and great craic all the way round. Great to meet everyone, big thanks to Mr Noodley for organising today's entertainment, and to clubmate Neil and CycleChatter viniga for the high speed tow along to Logieriat. ;)

To those that didn't turn up: well, ye missed yersel's. :smile:

Top Bottom