Etape Caledonia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Knight

ExRacer said:
Ive been around cycling for a long time - do you really think that you'd get closed road in England and Wales?

Not a chance, this event is unique and upsetting the locals and alienating cycling and cyclists is not the way forward, even for a small Scottish community.

It's another road race, catering for people who don't want to ride their local event's, ...

Interesting use of apostrophes...have we seen the same on Cyclosport perchance?

ExRacer

kennykool said:
Spoke to the council in Surrey and they told me that when they have a closed road cycling event....Satan will be Ice Skating to work..........

:smile:

ha ha ha! :smile:

Noodley

kennykool said:
Anyways moving on thanks again to all the commente RE :"what do I do next" I have signed up for a 205K Audax Ride on August 31st starting in Forfar

So I heard...I was speaking to the organiser tonight and he mentioned he had an entry form someone in Inchture. I asked "Is he called Kenny?" :rolleyes:

kennykool

Yeah really looking forward to it - sure it will be a great route. And it only cost me £6 - bargain. Actually on that note maybe you guys can help me out - I had to pay an extra £2 (Bank breaker I know) to cover me for insurance...where do I go to sort out proper insurance? Cos i'll be looking to do a few more of these events and being a Financial Adviser....insurance isVERY improtant to me!!

Also emailed the guy from Perth United to check I can "tag Along" with those guys from time to time.

Noodley

kennykool said:
Yeah really looking forward to it - sure it will be a great route. And it only cost me £6 - bargain. Actually on that note maybe you guys can help me out - I had to pay an extra £2 (Bank breaker I know) to cover me for insurance...where do I go to sort out proper insurance? Cos i'll be looking to do a few more of these events and being a Financial Adviser....insurance isVERY improtant to me!!

Also emailed the guy from Perth United to check I can "tag Along" with those guys from time to time.

If you join Audax UK (or CTC I think) that will cover the insurance. But if you want to start audax and claim points etc then joining AUK will ensure you get creditted with the rides you do.

Top Bottom