Etape Caledonia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

Race Entry now open.

Closed Road Fun

I did it last year and had a ball. It is pricey at £50 but was worth it IMO. The registration on the day before is a PITA and in fact nearly prevented me from taking the start line (due to being forced to go out on the lash the night before the race), but closed roads were great and it was very well marshalled.

May not be doing it this year as the date is bad for me, but anyway, if you're interested...

Tetedelacourse said:
Race Entry now open.

Closed Road Fun

I did it last year and had a ball. It is pricey at £50 but was worth it IMO. The registration on the day before is a PITA and in fact nearly prevented me from taking the start line (due to being forced to go out on the lash the night before the race), but closed roads were great and it was very well marshalled.

May not be doing it this year as the date is bad for me, but anyway, if you're interested...

I had a great time last year on this and remarkably finished in the top 100 (way higher than I should be)

I have entered already, the cost is high but in my opinion definetly worth it.

Here's hoping for slightly better weather :biggrin:

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

It now looks as though I'll manage, so I'll don my CC jersey and see you there! Hoping to avoid quite as horrendous a hangover as I had on the start line this time round.

fisha

Guru
at the moment : wet, windy .... emphasis on both. :becool:

i've seriously dropped the ball on the fitness stakes over the last few months, so need to set some targets to aim against.

how about you ?

mcd

I did it last year - pricey but well run - so I'll be doing it again this year. Look out for a guy on a 'funny' bike looking out for CC jerseys!

papercorn2000

mcd said:
I did it last year - pricey but well run - so I'll be doing it again this year. Look out for a guy on a 'funny' bike looking out for CC jerseys!

Are they happy to let you do it on a "funny" bike? There was a big list last year of things that were not acceptable!

Still, I will look out for you all, I'll be in the EK jersey and hoping to make the first page of the results this time!

Top Bottom