etape countdown

viniga

Veteran
Location
Glasgow
Perhaps they will herd puppies across the road...

Only thing I do agree on is the litter. You would think it's the Tour de France with all those discarded bottles. I guess people want to save a few grams of for the Schiehallion climb ;)
 
Due to unforseen family circumstances it looks like I'll not be able to do the Etape next Sunday. Does anyone know if its possible for my entry to be transferred to someone else?
 

Noodley

Guest
arranandy said:
Due to unforseen family circumstances it looks like I'll not be able to do the Etape next Sunday. Does anyone know if its possible for my entry to be transferred to someone else?
Sorry to hear that Andy, I was so looking forward to seeing your YMCA hand signals :laugh:

Seriously, hope it's nothing too bad which has stopped you being there.

I don't think a transfer is possible, but I may be wrong.

I'm also a bit 'undecided' on whether I can make it due to having to register beforehand....it's younger Noodlettes birthday and elder Noodlette has track cycling on the Saturday. :sad: I know it's an 'event' but I had been treating it as a 'bike ride' so had not paid attention to it being such an 'event' for everyone else :blush::blush:

Sorry, just me being too laid back stupid.
 
OP
R

r0bbti

New Member
apparently you have to show photo ID when you register so Idont think you could transfer an entry. The organisers would certainly frown on anyone cycling under someone elses name- in case of accidents etc.
 

adscrim

Veteran
Location
Perth
Although they don't do refunds and won't let you transfer the entry to another person I think they do allow you to defer entry to next year.

Noodley, you can register on the Friday night if that was in any way more convenient.
 
Noodley said:
Sorry to hear that Andy, I was so looking forward to seeing your YMCA hand signals xx(

Seriously, hope it's nothing too bad which has stopped you being there.

I don't think a transfer is possible, but I may be wrong.

I'm also a bit 'undecided' on whether I can make it due to having to register beforehand....it's younger Noodlettes birthday and elder Noodlette has track cycling on the Saturday. :biggrin: I know it's an 'event' but I had been treating it as a 'bike ride' so had not paid attention to it being such an 'event' for everyone else ;):blush:

Sorry, just me being too laid back stupid.
Thanks Noodley. My wife has broken her ankle so I'm on cooking, cleaning, walking daughter to school and back, duties,etc. so everything is at 6s and 7s at the moment. There is a remote chance I might be able to do the event but its just a very remote chance.:sad:

Best of luck to everyone doing the Etape and I hope the weather is kind to you
 

adscrim

Veteran
Location
Perth
It sounds like the weather may not be the biggest threat, what with this acre lot back on their soap boxes. I hear they've now called a 'secret' press conference in Perth on Monday. Not only are they complaining about cyclists bringing money into the area on that particular weekend, but cyclists are apparently coming from all over to use the area and it's facilities for training runs, holding up the traffic and no doubt buying stuff that acre wanted kept in the local shops for the local people.
 

Noodley

Guest
arranandy said:
Thanks Noodley. My wife has broken her ankle so I'm on cooking, cleaning...
Can't you just wake her early and sit her in a chair close to the oven and sink for the day? :thumbsup::laugh:

<yes, I know that is so wrong....>
 
Well I've been humming and hawwing about doing this for a while. I just haven't had the chance for any training at all this year. However, I am now a firm attendee. The bike has gone in for a service today (was due anyway) and I am even taking the mudguards off! :thumbsup::smile:

I'll be staying in the backpackers hotel, so keep and eye out for me, and if you want to meet up ye night before for a half shandy, then drop me a PM.

Guys, surely you wouldn't give up the chance of wooping my ar$e (cycling, that is!):biggrin:
 

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Location
Auld Reekie
adscrim said:
It sounds like the weather may not be the biggest threat, what with this acre lot back on their soap boxes. I hear they've now called a 'secret' press conference in Perth on Monday. Not only are they complaining about cyclists bringing money into the area on that particular weekend, but cyclists are apparently coming from all over to use the area and it's facilities for training runs, holding up the traffic and no doubt buying stuff that acre wanted kept in the local shops for the local people.
Look on the bright side, at least Grosset has now had his gun license revoked, so that is one less risk, but just in case a specialist police officer has been appointed to to prevent any threat of a repeat of the sabotage. :thumbsup:
 

Noodley

Guest
Grosset was guilty as f***....I have seen the 'evidence' <I shall of course deny I have posted this ;)>

I also know where he stays....:evil::evil:
 

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Moderator
Location
Edinburgh
Noodley said:
Grosset was guilty as f***....I have seen the 'evidence' <I shall of course deny I have posted this :laugh:>

I also know where he stays....;):evil:
It struck me as odd that he wasn't actually tried for any offence - which would at least have shown 'justice being seen to be done'.

I look forward to hearing your views on this, Noodley. :biggrin:
[though probably best not on the forum :laugh:]
 

ju_abz

New Member
Another rider here who has drop out - anyone looking for accommodation 14miles down the road - nice cosy cottage........ really p*ssed off, but nothing I can do about it.
 
Top Bottom