Eureka Cafe for sale

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Freds Dad, 6 Jan 2019.

1. Slow But Determined

Slow But Determined Well-Known Member

If taking the Millennium Greenway please pay special attention to loose dogs and owners who don't control them and people walking in a day dream whilst staring at their phone and sporting headphones.

GuyBoden and Dave 123 like this.
  2. dodgy

dodgy Guru

Quite, it's not a cycling only facility.

3. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

Maybe the I'll giveGreenway a try on the 2020 Llandudno ride for a change. Seems to have decent cafe options and it avoids the busy stretch near Cheshire Oaks

4. Slow But Determined

Nickyboy, it is mainly busy on the stretch from Mickle Trafford to Blacon, once you get past the Saughall turn off it quietens down. Also in the summer St. Barts church just off the Greenway do refreshments at a fraction of the cost of cycling cafes. They put a sign on the Greenway when they are open.

nickyboy likes this.
  5. si_c

si_c Veteran

That was another thing I was thinking about was that busy bit between CO and the Capenhurst turnoff, it's really busy and not everybody is comfortable riding that section. As @Slow But Determined says, it is really busy between Mickle Trafford and Blacon, but I've never had any problems riding that section as long as you take care and are courteous - besides even if it's not totally clear you can motor along quite nicely as all the dog walkers congregate in groups while their mutts get their mutt on.

6. straas

straas Über Member

I really like it in there, decent coffee, some bike spares available and decent food.

Most importantly you don't feel out of place in lycra, and don't have to gingerly ask for a water bottle fill.

7. Slow But Determined

I suppose the other advantage of using the Greenway is that if you stay on it, it brings you to the river crossing at Hawarden Bridge to pick up the coast road.

8. GuyBoden

GuyBoden Fat, old bloke, on an old bike, pedalling slowly.

Many local cyclists still do a monthly pilgrimage to the Eureka (especially in the summer), personally I think the location near very busy roads is off putting for cyclists, but the roads were probably very quite during it's 1950's heyday. Best of luck to any new owners, Cafes seem to be very popular businesses at the moment, they are springing up everywhere.

9. dodgy

dodgy Guru

Fast forward to 1:22:00 to hear a piece about the cafe, reporter on site with a couple of customers. It was live on air this morning.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06vyqwh

MartinQ likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice