Eureka Cafe for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

I think that's caught many out over the years, since the pandemic they do now take card/contactless so I pay by phone now.

dodgy

Not hearing much positive news about Eureka (I can't share anything concrete as I'm not in the know and much of what I hear is 3rd hand), but looks like it really is the end.
End of an era and I've met some (hopefully) life long friends in there. I was chatting and joking with Keith Boardman outside there today, suddenly dawned on me that I may never speak with him again (I moved a bit further from him, used to see him in our local).

Chislenko

Veteran
Not hearing much positive news about Eureka (I can't share anything concrete as I'm not in the know and much of what I hear is 3rd hand), but looks like it really is the end.
End of an era and I've met some (hopefully) life long friends in there. I was chatting and joking with Keith Boardman outside there today, suddenly dawned on me that I may never speak with him again (I moved a bit further from him, used to see him in our local).

Are we assuming residential then?

Chislenko

Veteran
Only my guess.

It makes sense for the reasons we have discussed up thread. If it's some rich dude buying it you could knock the cafe down and still have the existing residence to live in whilst your new house is built.

Then the existing one could be whatever.

Over a few years of cycling past I watched that one half way up Dunstan Lane being built (the one with a lot of glass). That is a nice looking house.

It makes sense for the reasons we have discussed up thread. If it's some rich dude buying it you could knock the cafe down and still have the existing residence to live in whilst your new house is built.

Then the existing one could be whatever.

Over a few years of cycling past I watched that one half way up Dunstan Lane being built (the one with a lot of glass). That is a nice looking house.
I said from the start any new cafe owners would want publicity, as that wasn't apparent, another use was inevitable.
That Chester and West Cheshire council didn't buy it to stop complaints about deaths and injuries of folk trying to get there was a surprise (unless it is them?).

But demolition and rebuild by a rich dude is very unlikely!
I mean no rich dude on this planet will want to be forced to turn left every day (cos they are always right) and live in the existing house! did you look at the sales advert? It is beyond credibility to claim it as anything other than a very badly converted bungalow, and one with no usable space at that, C19 has probably helped the sale as people are snatching anything up in the Wirral peninsular (barely qualifies).

I don't know who bought it, or why, but not sure it makes any sense except keeping it as an historic bike cafe by sympathetic custodians (with deep pockets) Chris B of the maillot jeune maybe fits that.
I've heard it was bought by 'someone' and that means between 3-5 blokes from Liverpool/Manchester/Wales - all depending on who I heard it from.
Very, very sad if it closes though, but its really has had its day as it has been on a semi-motorway for the last *mumble* years.

I reckon it'll become 'executive' apartments ('executive' = £100K premium as it has a historic address)

dodgy

Maybe everyone will have to move to Nets cafe instead??

It's not for me, doubtless some will. For me, Eureka was perfect as it was just far enough from home to make stopping worthwhile, Net's is getting a bit closer and it's also quite busy with kids sometimes and I like a bit of peace and quiet most of the time.

Top Bottom