Europe is open! Who's going?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From a country whose daily death rate has been similar to the rest of Europe combined? No, I am not going to Europe.

Nothing has changed about the virus, there is no vaccine, there is no meaningful test track and trace policy, this is still the apocalypse, normal is broken and it isn’t coming back.

Mass air travel always was a fools paradise. I’m not going anywhere for a good long while.

Just my cheerful appraisal of the situation!

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Having confidently posted about being in Brittany cycling in few days time I am currently in a and e with a broken collar bone following a bike crash. My fault. Steep downhill, mud, narrow lane, oncoming vehicle.

Damn!

Having done my collarbone last year I know what that's like. Hope yours gets fixed up as well as mine was.

But enough about you, how's the bike?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Brittany Ferries have banned cyclists apparently, Covid the reason being given.
Ahhh, riiiight; so it's NOT a financial decision after all, then? :rolleyes:
I posted this in another thread about Brittany Ferries:

The current policy is also that cabins, even on day sailings, are mandatory to ensure social distancing. Ah, social distancing - so the ferry capacity has been obliterated and they need to make their money somehow. Better then that all travelers are in cars to maximise profit. I can see where they are coming from, but how are WE supposed to get across the channel, even if allowed? Dover I suppose, but I was hoping to travel to Normandy.

very unusually for me I have decided to stay in the uk. i have this coming week free and would have gone to France but as only a week and the travel each way is a day I am doing this instead https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=2sf&doc_id=23073&v=M
Have fun, particularly with your planned wildcamp night. Have popped over to your crazyguy blog - however challenging the freecamp (would love to see a pic) it will surely be luxury compared to casa emilia.

very unusually for me I have decided to stay in the uk. i have this coming week free and would have gone to France but as only a week and the travel each way is a day I am doing this instead https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=2sf&doc_id=23073&v=M

I dont I pack that much for 6 weeks working in the Middle East !! 🤣 Enjoy the trip & will follow the blog with interest

Dwn

I'm trying to persuade my wife that we should have a go at Dieppe to Paris before the end of the summer. Easy to get back from should there be any new lockdowns imposed and by next month it will have become clear what effect lifting lockdown is having (are cases trending up or not).

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
No idea how old you are but that could be the rest of your life.

So be it.

Much as I miss my beloved Italy, I'm not interested in risking hours in crowded airports or busy public transport with countless other Covid transmitters for a week abroad.

I'm happy to continue holidaying in Scotland where I have more control over how I mix with other people.

So be it.

Much as I miss my beloved Italy, I'm not interested in risking hours in crowded airports or busy public transport with countless other Covid transmitters for a week abroad.

I'm happy to continue holidaying in Scotland where I have more control over how I mix with other people.
You could always pedal there - no more risk than staying in scotland.

Top Bottom