Europe is open! Who's going?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
I don't see that I am at any more risk of spreading/catching covid19 on a rural campsite in France than I would be in Britain somewhere. In my experience, campsites in Britain are often more overcrowded than in France
Not the ones I’ve been on, they can be more busy, unless it’s a camping a la ferme ,if your out walking how do you know someone with covid hasn’t touched that stile or gate before you,

MarkF

Guru
Not the ones I’ve been on, they can be more busy, unless it’s a camping a la ferme ,if your out walking how do you know someone with covid hasn’t touched that stile or gate before you,

Out of all the coronovirus guff I've read, that is the gold medal winner.:laugh:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
International travel isn't something I'd consider for a good while yet, though I do understand we are in the age of the 'It's my right I'll do what I want' generation.

DRM

Guru
Out of all the coronovirus guff I've read, that is the gold medal winner.:laugh:
Or goes into the toilet block and leaves covid on everything they touch, and what fun it will be filling in the forms the French had people doing, just to go to the supermarket as they did a few months back, try arguing that with a gendarme, not to mention if the cafes and restaurants are closed, but you do what you want, have fun

MarkF

Guru
Or goes into the toilet block and leaves covid on everything they touch, and what fun it will be filling in the forms the French had people doing, just to go to the supermarket as they did a few months back, try arguing that with a gendarme, not to mention if the cafes and restaurants are closed, but you do what you want, have fun
I'll take my chance with the lightning strike thanks.:okay:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Just today the news broke out of imbeciles in a pub in Stone a few miles from me in Staffs, where they all crammed into a pub and now at least 10 people have tested positive for covid 19 and there is a scramble to trace everyone's movements and to ensure those are tested and isolated but its probably already too late... Trouble is people think they're ok but seldom think about the effects they might have on others. The more variables you add the more chances you have of passing covid onto others for which there maybe fatal consequences. It isnt all about you...
That being said many lack basic common sense but I'm sure if we all search deep within ourselves we can dig out some of this common sense and apply it to the so called 'new normal' that we face to minimise the risks posed. Take care in whatever you do and think for Pete's sake...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'll take my chance with the lightning strike thanks.:okay:
I think it is a wee bit more likely than that... :whistle:

On average ~3 people a year die of lightning strikes in the UK so you have roughly a 1-in-20,000,000+ chance of being zapped to death. Even in a small town like Todmorden, 10 people have died of Covid-19 since April, and 5 in smaller Hebden Bridge/Mytholmroyd - closer to 1-in-1,000! That's the ones who died. Statistically, about 1-in-200 will have been ill enough to need hospital care and a lot of the survivors will be having a very rough time in their physical rehab.

MarkF

Guru

On average ~3 people a year die of lightning strikes in the UK so you have roughly a 1-in-20,000,000+ chance of being zapped to death. Even in a small town like Todmorden, 10 people have died of Covid-19 since April, and 5 in smaller Hebden Bridge/Mytholmroyd - closer to 1-in-1,000! That's the ones who died. Statistically, about 1-in-200 will have been ill enough to need hospital care and a lot of the survivors will be having a very rough time in their physical rehab.

"Of" or "with"? I am highly attuned to NHS stats as you know, contracting Covid-19 on a cycle tour is not something to cause me one second of worry. After all, should I be so unfortunate as to become infected then I've a 99.98% chance of not dying. I mean, I worry about cars, now and again.:okay:

According to these people the current rate of infection in the UK is 14.0 per 100 000 over a 14 day average.

France is a slightly higher 17.1 and Germany is 8.7.

Top Bottom