Europe is open! Who's going?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Go without him.:okay:

That actually has occurred to me. He's taking our Dude to the grandparents for a week, I'm supposed to be getting my classroom ready for September! But if it went wrong and I got Covid/got stuck/had to quarantine, he'd be SO annoyed!!! He'd say 'I told you so' for the rest of our married lives :smile:

Julia9054

Guru
That actually has occurred to me. He's taking our Dude to the grandparents for a week, I'm supposed to be getting my classroom ready for September! But if it went wrong and I got Covid/got stuck/had to quarantine, he'd be SO annoyed!!! He'd say 'I told you so' for the rest of our married lives :smile:
I am going to France and am also a teacher. I have just made sure that I am back 2 weeks before the start of term just in case

MarkF

Guru

I'll have to wait and see now, if Spain frees up again then I'll go, if it do & things change again when I am there then I'll just take unpaid leave I suppose. Had time off at the east & west coasts in the past month but I really miss Spain.:sad:

Have to say that many of the usually busy routes across the Alps are as expected very quiet so far. We were in Annecy twice so far this year and it was much less busy and as such so were the main climbs around that area. Also it was super quiet in the Dordogne 2wks back,
campsite only 25% full. This weekend either the Jura or Lake Maggiore depending upon the weather, as usual with all 6 bikes:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle: so hopefully some more vertical KM's:hyper:

Have to say that many of the usually busy routes across the Alps are as expected very quiet so far. We were in Annecy twice so far this year and it was much less busy and as such so were the main climbs around that area. Also it was super quiet in the Dordogne 2wks back,
campsite only 25% full. This weekend either the Jura or Lake Maggiore depending upon the weather, as usual with all 6 bikes:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle: so hopefully some more vertical KM's:hyper:

Freiburg was moderately lively on Sunday, although people did wear masks and/or try and keep distance. The Cycleways were busy.

Gratuitous pic of my bike in my new Favourite City:

2020_07_26_Kirchzarten_05.JPG

Kleve was very busy on Saturday with lots of people wearing masks in the street, but taking them off to kiss fiends on the cheek when they met!

MntnMan62

Über Member

He'd only tell you "I told you so" if you survived.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Our friend's daughter flew out to Spain this afternoon with her boyfriend's family on Jet2. Between this afternoon and this evening Jet2 have cancelled all flights until mid August. Shes OK as its the family's villa.

Milzy

Guru
Friends booked Canaries last week. No sympathy for them. They knew the risks.
Still fishy how more are dying in the UK than Spain.

Top Bottom