Eurovision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Rubbish, I liked the Iceland entry, it was the only one I could remember after it had finished. I am sure the Austrian thing also plays for Celtic.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I think Hell will freeze over before they will speak English.
They are quite right to protect their language. Far nicer language than English anyway! How many British people speak French, yet they are our nearest neighbours.

Like it or not English is the Lingua Franca, and the French really should get used to it.
Just wait until the Chinese REALLY start to take over the world..... :whistle:

OP
OP
Chromatic

Chromatic

Legendary Member
They are quite right to protect their language. Far nicer language than English anyway! How many British people speak French, yet they are our nearest neighbours.

Just wait until the Chinese REALLY start to take over the world..... :whistle:

They may well do, and they'll use English to do it.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The set-up of Graham Norton was well done... the Danes have waited a long time to get their own back on the barbed UK commentary- he was the fall guy for Eurovision's revenge on Terry Wogan!

I enjoyed the Danes' self-deprecating humour all the way through.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
An interesting contest this year, with a pretty even field of good songs, and only a few that were utterly terrible.

After inspecting the full voting results, it's clear that the west's political hatred of Russia was much more of an effect than the East's dislike of transgendering. Also: UK, Ireland, Denmark, and probably more had Poland number one in the televote, which is just pitiful. No more claims of moral high ground in the voting, please!

I've always been a sucker for songs in the native language, leaving me with little choice this year. My vote went to Italy, although she didn't really perform the song too well on the night. The Montegrin song was decent, but he's no Zeljko Joksimovic.

The winning entry is a good song, and well performed, but it would never have won without the politics.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Thank you for that in depth analysis Rasmus, after 10 pages of trivia it's good to hear from someone taking this event seriously.

:smile:
I can provide more detail if you'd like, maybe explaining just why the interval show with the stairs was so unbelievably awful, but I don't know if people here are really all that interested...

I do wonder what this crowd thinks of the hosts? The seeming impossibility of Danish media to produce persons without massive horrible accents in their English was, to me, an embarrassment.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Do you mean played or mimed? There were two instances of performances tonight that used double basses for stage presence and the ''player'' was evidently incapable of actually playing the instrument. With something like 15 years as a pro double bass player, it facking annoys me. Though not as much as producers and sound engineers who know everything about everything but don't understand the relationship between drums and bass outside of rock and roll.
Person 'acts' on TV shocker!!!!!

Top Bottom