Eurovision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
I can provide more detail if you'd like, maybe explaining just why the interval show with the stairs was so unbelievably awful, but I don't know if people here are really all that interested...
I do wonder what this crowd thinks of the hosts? The seeming impossibility of Danish media to produce persons without massive horrible accents in their English was, to me, an embarrassment.
No no, your original analysis was sufficient thank you:smile:.
I was using the programme as background interest and had the sound muted throughout so was unaware of the "horrible accents", but was actually rather impressed with the camera/lighting/special effects. I can't recall the stairs feature, perhaps I was dozing off at that point.:smile:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
No no, your original analysis was sufficient thank you:smile:.
I was using the programme as background interest and had the sound muted throughout so was unaware of the "horrible accents", but was actually rather impressed with the camera/lighting/special effects. I can't recall the stairs feature, perhaps I was dozing off at that point.:smile:

Proper analysis has no place here. We should be discussing Polish boobies, Austrian beards and, more generally, the Dutch C&W genre......oh, and hats

Ganymede

Veteran
Is it Copenhagen as in Haagen Das, or Hagan as in Haygan??

I've always said haagen.

It's Haygan. I lived there for a bit. They get a bit wee'd off at everyone going for the Danny Kaye version!

Actually of course "Kobenhavn" is pronounced something like curbnhahwn, but nobody expects any foreigner to say that.

yello

My vote went to Italy, although she didn't really perform the song too well on the night.

Good solid lass an' all. She's got thighs that'd make a sprinter proud. Song wasn't up to much though.... that said, it was the only one I saw so praps it was a belter by comparison.

My daughter is on her way home from Copenhagen today. Guess who she met at the airport......

10277077_10152141353561025_975753024925460257_n.jpg

0lonerider

Veteran
looks like george best!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
That's great snorri! All so different too. But still, Danes just don't expect you to even try. I surprised my work colleagues a lot by trying out some phrases and getting them fairly close to correct.

I was wondering if anyone had seen my posts at all there!! Yes I looked it up and it said that 'Copenhaygan' is the Anglicised version, 'Cooenhaagan' is more of an attempt to get it right, and the one you mention that is more like 'Copenhawn' is right.

'Hawn', a sound like 'town' it said.

I can't play the recordings on this device.

Ganymede

Veteran
I was wondering if anyone had seen my posts at all there!! Yes I looked it up and it said that 'Copenhaygan' is the Anglicised version, 'Cooenhaagan' is more of an attempt to get it right, and the one you mention that is more like 'Copenhawn' is right.

'Hawn', a sound like 'town' it said.

I can't play the recordings on this device.

In the recordings the "Havn" bit is said slightly differently by different people - it means harbour (ie haven like Milford Haven). I hope you get to hear them on another device! I don't know why the Danes prefer the "Copen-hay-gen" anglicism to the "haagen" version - could be historical preference. I mean, we all know how the French pronounce "Paris" but they don't mind us saying "pariss" when we're speaking our own tongue, and we don't mind them saying "Londres" when they're speaking French.

(I love languages.)

Top Bottom