EV Owners Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
nope
i was too much into sport in general , wasn't interested in smoking, drinking or general tomfool-ness .They joys of having a dad who was into zen .

Never mind, I did your share ;)

Tenkaykev

Guru
Speaking with our daughter about her car, she has it on a 4 year lease through her work and that includes insurance. Probably a better option as some premiums on Electric vehicles are quite high.

simongt

Guru
Had a ride in a Telsa taxi a few days ago. Very impressive from some aspects, but I noticed the very large centrally mounted 'instrument panel' show the nearside view on a camera display on said mount when turning left. Good idea in theory, but if the driver is looking at the camera display to check for possible hazards during the turn; the idea behind the camera, they're not looking at the road around them for other possible hazards. :whistle:
'Eyes on the road lad - !' :eek:

CXRAndy

Guru
Had a ride in a Telsa taxi a few days ago. Very impressive from some aspects, but I noticed the very large centrally mounted 'instrument panel' show the nearside view on a camera display on said mount when turning left. Good idea in theory, but if the driver is looking at the camera display to check for possible hazards during the turn; the idea behind the camera, they're not looking at the road around them for other possible hazards. :whistle:
'Eyes on the road lad - !' :eek:

It's only like looking at the door mirror. A cursory glance should suffice, plus the cameras are acting constantly as extra eyes warning you if you drift too close edge of the road or centre line

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
It's only like looking at the door mirror. A cursory glance should suffice, plus the cameras are acting constantly as extra eyes warning you if you drift too close edge of the road or centre line

Maybe me , I find driver assistance mildly annoying. I’ve got reverse sensors that scream even when I can see I’m clear . Lane assist which slams the brakes on when I move lanes , granted Ive maybe not signalled . This is in my Merc A Class. Maybe it’s a Merc thing but If I could permanently switch this stuff of I would ! It’s a distraction !

classic33

Leg End Member
How can looking at something inside the car be the same as looking at something outside the car?

chris-suffolk

Maybe me , I find driver assistance mildly annoying. I’ve got reverse sensors that scream even when I can see I’m clear . Lane assist which slams the brakes on when I move lanes , granted Ive maybe not signalled . This is in my Merc A Class. Maybe it’s a Merc thing but If I could permanently switch this stuff of I would ! It’s a distraction !

Same with my Mum's Honda. Managed to turn them off for good though. But VW Passat I had as a hire car - had to switch them off every time you started it. Pain the neck, why do all the 'tech' manufacturers assume we can't think for ourselves. It's the same with 'blot ware' on phones, and updates on Laptops. Just let ME decide what I want, after all it was me that paid for it.

albion

Guru
Micro car means it is classed as a Quadricycle - or something like that

Hence very little crash testing regulations
so - basically - don;t get in an accident

but fine around town as long as you are careful - especially if you live in Wales and the roads are alll 20mph!!!

25mph or so max. Yet far safer than a bike. Big fat fast SUV weight cars might need taxing out of existence.
It is a weighty problem, our thirst for energy use.

Top Bottom