Evaporated milk as a protein recovery drink?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Creatine is one of the cheapest and most effective ways to build strength and muscle, http://www.theproteinworks.com/crea...&fo_s=gplauk&gclid=CJWii-mirMwCFUHGGwod5ksMUg

Scientifically Proven Through Research
image: http://cdn-media.theproteinworks.com/wysiwyg/Homepage/Other/Sci-Proven-v2_2.jpg

Sci-Proven-v2_2.jpg

Creatine is one of the most widely researched sports nutrition ingredients and the following benefits have been scientifically proven through independent research and officially approved by the European Food and Safety Authority:

• Creatine increases physical performance in successive bursts of short-term, high intensity exercise, the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3 g of creatine.

Read more at http://www.theproteinworks.com/creatine-monohydrate#FqUTazrhHyiyyM1F.99

Red17

Veteran
Myprotein. Divide cost of a 2.5kg bag by 100 25g servings.

It's a lot less than 100 tins of evaporated milk

I've found Myprotein pricing a bit like Halfords - wait a few weeks and their whey protein always seems to be on a 50% off offer or similar

I remember a session at a bike show with Graeme Obree

He was asked about carbohydrate supplements before a ride

His reply was a discussion about the slow release and fast release components...... Of a jam sandwich

Sometimes the basics are effective

OT

I spent some time with the Army

Anyone who has drunk tea with evaporated milk will understand why evaporated milk should be banned

User269

Can't believe people are still worrying about this shoot.
Best recovery drink, Famous Grouse.

Oops, sorry forgot we're all pro racers here.

Scoop

Regular
Creatine is a good supplement for building strength and muscle as previously suggested, however, it's important to understand it works whilst exercising in an anaerobic state (I.e.flat out, lifting weights etc..) wouldn't provide anything extra on a long ride but if you're planning on a very short training session containing short <12 second sprints you'll build muscle and strength. Good for speed demons I guess!
I think someone posted a link above which would explain my point.
Also, milk is cruelty!? You ever been in a milking parlour? They get treated like royalty. At least in the ones I've been in...

PapaZita

Guru
Also, milk is cruelty!? You ever been in a milking parlour? They get treated like royalty. At least in the ones I've been in...

I once heard a vet compare dairy cattle to elite athletes, and he suggested that they show similar adaptations, albeit directed towards maximising a different sort of output. Just like athletic royalty they need to be well looked after, but they are also pushed very hard. Whether any of that constitutes cruelty I don't know.

speccy1

Anybody tried this? Milk is a great natural protein and as I understand, whey protein is the protein taken out of milk, but it's pricey. So if evaporated milk is simply concentrated milk, wouldn't it make a cheap and easily available recovery drink?

We had a huge carton of convalescent drinks when my sick MIL was staying and they looked and tasted exactly like evaporated milk with a slightly metallic taste, which I think was added minerals.

What does the panel think?
xx(xx(

I once heard a vet compare dairy cattle to elite athletes, and he suggested that they show similar adaptations, albeit directed towards maximising a different sort of output. Just like athletic royalty they need to be well looked after, but they are also pushed very hard. Whether any of that constitutes cruelty I don't know.

Elite athletes aren't, correct me if I'm wrong, the product of many generations of selective breeding. So they tend not to have oversized mammary glands capable of producing unnatural amounts of milk. Elite athletes aren't encouraged to maintain optimal levels of milk production by being repeatedly impregnated and having their new-borns removed - causing considerable distress to both.

Looking for a low calorie high protein snack.
Look no further than Lidl cottage cheese.
Eaten it for lunch at work for nigh on three years, yum. For variety I have a mixture of crackers and for an occasional treat a layer of hummus.

Top Bottom