Ever amazed by your own stupidity?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Many Years ago I was the final patient of the Day.I was going to have a camera pushed down my throat in to my stomach.This was to find out why I was having acid reflux attacks.The guy doing it first shone a light from a torch down my throat while I waiting.Right he said that seems ok,oh thank you I said and turned to leave.The look he gave me,well I was nervous,the camera was awful,I was gagging right through the process.
I have had that and rate it as one of my worst ever experiences.....I 'KNEW' I was dying. Horrible.

Jody

Stubborn git
I have had that and rate it as one of my worst ever experiences.....I 'KNEW' I was dying. Horrible.

Truly awful experience.

I opted to be drugged up so I wouldn't remember. Judging by my face and the nurses reaction when I reached the recovery room, it must have been pretty bad. Looked like I'd been in an MMA fight by gagging so hard that the blood vessels in my face and eyes blew.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Truly awful experience.

I opted to be drugged up so I wouldn't remember. Judging by my face and the nurses reaction when I reached the recovery room, it must have been pretty bad. Looked like I'd been in an MMA fight by gagging so hard that the blood vessels in my face and eyes blew.
The *##** nurse told me not to bother as it was a simple procedure. What a liar she was.
As I said, I was convinced I was dying.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He had another story of a mix up where instead of 200m of 4 way cable, they got 4m of 200 way cable which had had to be specially manufactured and even needed an extra large drum to coil it on as the elephant's trunk-like cable wouldn't bend round a normal sized drum. The doubtless costly item was no use to anyone and was eventually dumped
That sounds like a scene out of spinal tap.

There has to be some responsibility on the manufacturer double checking what you’ve ordered.

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
That sounds like a scene out of spinal tap.

There has to be some responsibility on the manufacture double checking what you’ve ordered.

Apparently the cable took ages and ages and they couldn't understand the delay. The manufacturer should have queried as such a short length of anything, particularly a costly one-off made little sense one would have though

alchurch

Nice ride today, looking forward to coffee when I finished. Coffee made, milk back in the fridge ...but no coffee. I looked nearly everywhere. Somehow the coffee followed the milk and ended up in the fridge. I can do silly things any time, but after a ride, do not even trust me to tell you what day of the week it is.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
My first car was a wee Renault 5 and I was constantly at the scrapyards looking for bits and pieces. I found a driver's side door in perfect nick that would replace my scratched one so bought it and headed home to fit it. The bolts holding the old one on were a bugger to get off but eventually the new one was fitted and I stepped back to close it.

Who knew that doors from a 5 door model are smaller than a 3 door model?

Chris S

Legendary Member
This evening I wondered why going uphill was taking more effort than usual. When I got to the top I realized that I was still in middle gear.
I am now seriously considering getting a single-speed.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
We have this oven/microwave combi thing and you have to press buttons for programmes and timers and that sort of thing.

There's a button to increase the timer, and another to reduce it. The timer goes up to 90. So if I want a roast I press the up button, and stand around while it counts up. It starts off quite slow, but speeds up after a while, so it doesn't take too long to get to 88 point something - maybe 10 seconds or so. You have to be careful not to overshoot, because then you're back to single figures, and you have to stand there like a lemon for another 10 seconds. It's all a bit of a faff, but such is life.

The other day I discovered that if you start by pressing the down button instead of the up button, it immediately goes to 89 point something.

Ten years we've had it.

:whistle:
If its any consolation, I sometimes confuse the zero button with the +30 seconds one. And we've had it twelve years...I bought it:okay:

alchurch

This evening I wondered why going uphill was taking more effort than usual. When I got to the top I realized that I was still in middle gear.
I am now seriously considering getting a single-speed.
single speed makes sense, I get miffed trying to change down and find I am already in bottom gear

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I had a large gallstone removed by shoving a grabber down my throat and ferreting about till they grabbed it and pulled it out. I think this was a newish procedure and a bit experimental. Well sedated but still conscious. Not as bad as the ondoscopy.

Top Bottom