Everyone Prepared?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Large threatening notice on front door.

Dogs not fed for two days.

Evil scowl perfected after a week's practice.

Bring it on.
On a serious note, I have had serious trouble in the past with no good teenagers using halloween as an excuse to egg your windows, shout abuse at you and generally be a pain.

Tin Pot

Guru
It was all laughter and smiles until I showed up

IMG_9343.JPG

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
On a serious note, I have had serious trouble in the past with no good teenagers using halloween as an excuse to egg your windows, shout abuse at you and generally be a pain.

Luckily I live in a very small village where the kids are mostly well behaved. All the visitors tonight were accompanied by parents.

22 seems to be the magic number - no more calls tonight by the looks of things

However, thanks to my eldest daughter, the house is now full of dressed up teenage giggling girls

U

User482

I've had a great evening. We took the kids to a Halloween party, then trick or treating. They loved getting dressed up and spotting Jack o' Lanterns. All the kids who called at ours were very polite.

Lullabelle

Banana
Personally if I had kids, I wouldn't let them have sweets from strangers. Call me paranoid, but you never know what they could have done to them. As it is, I shall be sitting in the living room with the light off.

You have a fair point, hopefully no harm did come to any kids but you do read stories about drugs wrapped up to look like sweeties.

We don't turn our lights off, just don't answer the door not that anyone came knocking.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Had hordes of good-natured 'trick/treaters' last night; the busiest Halloween by far of the 18 years we've lived here. Very impressive costumes and house decorations in the street.

We don't turn our lights off
Our miserable neighbours turned their lights off and pretended to be out (for the 2nd year running), although the flickering TV in their front room gave the game away! Can't say I understand their Halloween Grinch mentality as they've got children too and have previously joined in.

We had about 15 trick or treaters, and sounds like we were the only ones in our street being welcoming.

Was told all the neighbours lights were off, and nobody was answering the doors. I pointed out that the miserable sod over the road is definitely in, and they should all knock his door as loud as possible, and keep going until he answers.

Gave me some entertainment for 15 mins!!

postman

Legendary Member
Very poor showing here.Still left with three multibags left over.All hidden by Mrs Postman.got to keep this cutting down on sugary stuff going.Mind you i have never known chocolate go off overnight.Unlike Sainsbugs dark grapes.Got lower down and some have white fur on them,only bought yesterday.Never known chocolate to do that.

Lullabelle

Banana
Had hordes of good-natured 'trick/treaters' last night; the busiest Halloween by far of the 18 years we've lived here. Very impressive costumes and house decorations in the street.

Our miserable neighbours turned their lights off and pretended to be out (for the 2nd year running), although the flickering TV in their front room gave the game away! Can't say I understand their Halloween Grinch mentality as they've got children too and have previously joined in.

We don't get any callers maybe it is because we don't advertise, no pumpkins or anything like that. It was quite busy round here later last night, the fami!y a couple of houses up did something pretty big again this year, kids flocked to see.

Top Bottom