Everyone Prepared?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
36E5ABEB-F2BD-4896-92F7-048C92F41A60.jpeg
All gone...25 kids. My welcoming ghost is down and I'm off out

Last edited:

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Our neighbours, who have 2 young children, only moved in a few months ago and don't know us or the area too well. Mrs Neighbour knocked before and asked if she could give us some sweets, and could she allow her kids to knock on our door and trick or treat us and we then give them the sweets she had given us. I said yes, so she gave us the sweets but when her kids knocked I had eaten them all......

Actually, that's not true, Mrs R always buys a load of sweets for trick or treat every year, but we try not to answer the door and scoff the sweets ourselves, so I told Mrs. Neighbour this and when her kids knocked we gave them some of our sweets - now we are sat in the back room, so we can't hear the door knocks, stuffing our faces with what's left.....:biggrin:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Bit of a damp squib round here, on my way home I only saw about 5 houses decorated up and stragglers aith their candy buckets. Some of the kids looked too you g to understand what was going on, some were dressed up but not many. Parents can't all affford to buy costumes every year as their kids grow out of them within a few months. Have a party instead.

Gilmorton and Countesthorpe were both rammed with trick or treaters - vast majority little kids with their parents. South Wigston had a couple and there were a couple around our way when I got home.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Any callers at Celine Towers attempting to 'trick or treat' are told to go to America to do that. So long as they sing me a song or recite a poem we'll call that guising and they can have some goodies. Bonus for having a proper tumshie lantern and not one of those stupid inedible pumpkin things.

Halloween is a Scottish tradition. It's not one of his best, but Burns did write a poem in 1785 about an Ayrshire Halloween, which probably doesn't include the immortal lines

Ye bonnie guisers, ye are in luck;
But trick or treaters, git tae f***

All gone quiet now. They hunted in bunches around here, processions of very polite ghouls, including one who was concerned about nuts and one who wasn't sure if she was still supposed to trick me after I'd treated her. I assured it was all OK and the transaction was fair and I've still got far too many chocolate treats left....for now.

screenman

Legendary Member
Not one, we do have a long dark driveway though so that could be a reason. I suppose it is up to me to make sure the the sweets are not wasted.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Personally if I had kids, I wouldn't let them have sweets from strangers. Call me paranoid, but you never know what they could have done to them. As it is, I shall be sitting in the living room with the light off.

Onthedrops

Veteran
Being a grumpy old git, the thought of Halloween and the ridiculous, let’s jump on the American bandwagon Trick or Treat garbage fills me with dread.
Imagine how I felt when Mrs OTD told me she was going out for the night thus leaving me home with just the dog and attend to the local kids knocking on our door screaming Trick or Treat!

Ultimate joy, however, as up to press not one kid has visited! Saying that, I’m sitting in the dark pretending no one is home!
I’ve already made a bit of a hole in the sweets and choccy the Mrs got in for them!!!

Top Bottom