Everyone Prepared?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petek

Über Member
Halloween is a modern festival invented by Alice Cooper and foolishly imported by us.
Piff and tush sirrah!
On All Hallows Eve it was a tradition to dress family graves with flowers and offer libation.
That went on into the 1960s. Maybe still does in some areas.
Kilvert records it and he was writing in the Old Queen's days.

MikeG

Guru
Halloween is a modern festival invented by Alice Cooper and foolishly imported by us.

Yeah I said that. Turns out it's a traditional Scottish thing. Albeit, they probably just used it as a chance for a bit of a party, without all the retail-hell.

-

Anyone who makes it out to my isolated cottage, 100 yards from the nearest house and a mile out of the village, 2 miles from the nearest streetlight, deserves the piece of cherry cake they'll be offered.

petek

Über Member
IMG_4589.JPG

CyclingUK did it.
:smile:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Stupid stupid American tradition, its ridiculous how its become the norm over here. My colleague has just looked at me aghast when I told her my son isnt bothered about trick or treating. The Yanks dont celebrate bonfire night like we do. We'll be celebrating Thanksgiving, Independence Day, Obesity Day, Overconfidence Day and call Christmas ‘the holidays’ next. Tossers.

Rant over.
Glad you saved me typing all that although I was going to opt for its all a load of ******* so as not offend surprised that gets round the swear filter!

Top Bottom