Ex Radio DJ's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Sorry lordy, but Steve Wright is a condescending tired old git that needed to be killed at birth - idiot radio. Well past his sell-by date. Mayo is just dull.

I'm not sure the move from Radio 5 to Radio 2 was a good thing. On 5 he demonstrated has intelligence and wit when interviewing across a range of topics from really heavy political stuff to Miss Piggy. His film reviews with Mark Kermode remain the most entertaining over any media. The blandness and imposed lack of opinion that is required by R2 has squashed what made him an interesting broadcaster.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Is Emperor Rosko still with us?

And what about Nicky Horne?

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
[QUOTE 1934987, member: 45"]Steve Wright's show became dated 15 years ago.

Simon Mayo is good commuting radio. Anyone remember his confession involving two drunken lads crossing a field to their campsite and a mine shaft?[/quote]

With the Goat?

redcard

Veteran
Nick Abbot was the man, and probably still is, though I believe he may have lost his way a little since his Virgin / Talk Radio days.

Norm

the smiths had it nailed
Or the Ting TIngs.

PaulB

Legendary Member
John Peel was my favourite. I was on holiday when I heard that he had died and I got quite choked up.
Agree entirely. We went to see HMHB in Liverpool on the first anniversary of Peely's death and if you go on the HMHB website, you can download all the sessions they did with him and they are of course introduced by Peely who chats with them in several downloads.

Noodley

Having listened to the Radio 2 show "sounds of the 60s" on a Saturday morning, I wish that whoever presents it (Brian Matthews?) should be an ex-DJ soon. Same with Walker and his "sounds of the 70s". Just utter bilge.

GM

Legendary Member
I used to like Peter Young when he was on Capital Radio and Radio London, he's now on Jazz FM. Also Tony Myatt had a great radio voice, anybody know
where he is now?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I really liked John Peel's show - opened my lug holes to a lot of new stuff. I can remember hearing Captain Beefheart's 'Sure enough and yes I do' when I was about 14 or 15, got my dad to get me 'Safe as Milk' from Rough Trade Records shortly after, on the slippery slope after that.

Top Bottom