Ex Radio DJ's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Sorry lordy, but Steve Wright is a condescending tired old git that needed to be killed at birth - idiot radio. Well past his sell-by date. Mayo is just dull.
John Peel would have profoundly disagreed with you on the Steve Wright one. Peely must be the most respected radio DJ of all time and in his autobiography, he reckons most Radio One daytime output was cack...except for Steve Wright who he held in the highest regard. So it looks like it's you V John Peel on that one.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
John Peel would have profoundly disagreed with you on the Steve Wright one. Peely must be the most respected radio DJ of all time and in his autobiography, he reckons most Radio One daytime output was cack...except for Steve Wright who he held in the highest regard. So it looks like it's you V John Peel on that one.
Well looks like me and the Good Lord John Peel will just have to agree to disagree on the egotistical condescending sycophant purveyor of 'the big show'. I can live with that.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Well looks like me and the Good Lord John Peel will just have to agree to disagree on the egotistical condescending sycophant purveyor of 'the big show'. I can live with that.

I'm with you on Wrighty, Fabbers. He sounds like he's got a real mean streak unless you're doing exactly as he wants. The interview style is awful too, it's all about him, the ego driven tosspot. The Oldies are generally rubbish hackneyed old platters that Radio 2 play all the time anyway. His 'Big Show' is a tired, lame old piece of shite.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I'm with you on Wrighty, Fabbers. He sounds like he's got a real mean streak unless you're doing exactly as he wants. The interview style is awful too, it's all about him, the ego driven tosspot. The Oldies are generally rubbish hackneyed old platters that Radio 2 play all the time anyway. His 'Big Show' is a tired, lame old piece of shite.

So speaks Mr Angry from Purley.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Dignitas?
Yeah.

Maybe we ought to have a whip round for a one-way ticket?

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
Ask Elvis is funny tho.

Unlike Steve wright.

Mayo comes across better now than he did years ago, and the "that song" cracks me up and sets me up for the weekend.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Good man, that's 2 of us, I'm sure there are more out there ....

Edit: Ooops, there are more .....

Annie Nightingale **sigh**

Ed Stewart (sometimes still on local radio)
Bruno Brookes (ditto and internet radio, apparently)
Whispering Bob (infrequent appearances)
Whispering Bob still does a country show on Radio 2 - Thursday's 19:00 - 20:00 Bob Harris Country - not every bodies cup of tea country (well not mine anyway; but, there have been a couple of Americana songs that have been OK; "We Can't Make it Here Anymore" being one in question); but, also does a show on radio 2 on Saturday Night/ Sunday Morning 00:00 - 03:00 - well worth recording and listening to later.

Top Bottom