Examples of enduring good design?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
Speck said:
The Campagnolo corkscrew faithfully reflects the genius of its inventor, Tullio Campagnolo......These technical features and the use of the finest raw materials have made this corkscrew a must, a symbol of genius that is recognized throughout the world.;)
One prerequisite of a design classic is that function has to be as good as form. The double-lever corkscrews are, I'm afraid, crap. The Waiter's Friend works much better - the clue is in the name.

ASC1951

Guru
[quote name='swee'pea99']
5ujlv4.jpg

...an ancient Roman would recognise it immediately.[/QUOTE]No he wouldn't. That is a wire nail made in mild steel. The Romans used hand forged square section tapered nails with square heads, usually iron but occasionally copper where that was better e.g. boats and some roofs.

A Roman would have wondered why you needed something that big to get bogeys out of your nose.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Oh, is that what it is? Me & Guiseppe were wondering...

As for the Campagnolo corkscrew, it works fantastically well and you, sir, are talking thru' your sphincter.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Proto said:
Sorry, but no self respecting engineer would ever use one of those abominations.

More than once I've heard someone described thus: "He's the sort of man who would use an adjustable spanner." It's not a compliment.

Well, I guess I have no self respect. I've got at least seven adjustable spanners, and three of them are Bahcos like that.

Top Bottom