Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Joint pain or muscle ache

Votes: 28 19.4%
  • Lasted 24-48 hours

Votes: 47 32.6%
  • Lasted a few days

Votes: 14 9.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
It's quite amusing, after working through all of it it'll likely be June/ July before I get my first jab. Hey Ho..

Drago

Legendary Member
It's quite amusing, after working through all of it it'll likely be June/ July before I get my first jab. Hey Ho..
Should join the Masons. Youd have had the 2nd jab by now if you were in the craft.

Drago

Legendary Member
A consultant GP administered my jab. Clearly they weren't going to let a lower ranking health PEON deal with someone as important as the founding member of the CC Trig Baggers.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A consultant GP administered my jab. Clearly they weren't going to let a lower ranking health PEON deal with someone as important as the founding member of the CC Trig Baggers.

Sorry to tell you but GP's and Doctors are shoot at doing injections. I had to have bloods taken from my wrist when I busted my back. The Consultant gave up after 4 attepts (bloody painful with a shot load of morphine in my system, but I didn't care) - he called in a female senior nurse to do it. Spot on first time.

The nurse I had yesterday was fantastic - TBH everyone was. Such a great 'reception'.

Drago

Legendary Member
Sorry to tell you but GP's and Doctors are shoot at doing injections. I had to have bloods taken from my wrist when I busted my back. The Consultant gave up after 4 attepts (bloody painful with a shot load of morphine in my system, but I didn't care) - he called in a female senior nurse to do it. Spot on first time.

The nurse I had yesterday was fantastic - TBH everyone was. Such a great 'reception'.
To be fair, this lady Doc was very good. I was just about to say "needles don't frighten me, but I don't exactly dig it either", but before I could finish the sentence she said "all done!" I honestly didn't feel a thing.

I didn't get a wowwipop though :laugh:

gbb

Legendary Member
AZ for me a few weeks ago at 62, very smooth professional process. My arm hurt a bit for a couple days but that's not a side effect imo, so I didn't put it in the poll, it didn't bother me that much. Mild flu like symptoms the next day...bad enough to take the day off work.
My mum and brother and wife had the Pfizer Biontec...all felt very very tired afterwards, my wife slept for 1p hours out of cycle, mum and brother took to bed and slept for several hours.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Had the AZ jab at 9:35 this morning.
Amazing organisation at the vacc centre, although the jab itself seems very high on my arm - right close to the bones at the shoulder. Bad aim?
No tenderness or pain from the jab, just the vaguest dull ache.

Felt a bit spaced-out this afternoon, but a stir-fry and a glass of wine fixed that :-)

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I keep seeing people posting ”I’ve been vaccinated” stickers on social media. No one offered me a sticker
I got a little card which had the date,, vaccine variant & batch number on it instead of a sticker.

There was a small drawback I've just remembered - while sitting out the 10 minute 'observation time' before being allowed to leave the surgery there was an older couple looking at their cards and the man commented words to the effect of "bloody Pfizer, I didn't want that foreign stuff, I'd have preferred the Astra one". Miserable bugger.

Top Bottom