Expert opinions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
The internet bad mouthing is if you feel aggrieved..only a sugested idea to apply leverage..it does work no matter where a company opperates as the net is global.
i cant see frame damage..just the cup? Which i think would tap out?
You could use a dolly or large ring spanner and tap that back into shape "what I'd do" and get cycling.

anyway im sorry your having hassel as its annoying ,good luck resolving the issue.

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
Incredibly Velodrome Shop won't move on this and insist that the only possible way this damage could be caused is by me whacking the frame or by whacking the bearing into the frame - as this never happened and everyone else says that damaging this way is impossible and dropping in transit is more likely they stick by their decision. I have had a frame builder look at it a metal fabricator look at it I have shown where the head tube came through the box and caused the damage but still they insist that I did it. They even say that for this amount of damage to be caused in transit the box and the frame would be trashed yet insist that I did it by somehow hitting it which is totally illogical.
I have made another attempt at getting them to see reason but then I will have to check if small claims works between countries.

screenman

Legendary Member
It has been hit from the side towards the top, causing the top to deform and crack the paint off, Paint or anodising does not really adhere well to a small thin area like that so will easily come off. See it often in my line of business, which happens to be dents.

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
I there an expert who would go on record with their opinion so that my Visa dispute is stronger. I need someone who is qualified to make such a judgement.

S-Express

It would need to be an expert who could offer an opinion after a first hand look at the frame. If you are in Quebec, then it's doubtful anyone online here could help, unless they actually live nearby. You need a local engineer or metallurgist (or both) - they don't even need to know much about bikes.

ac427

I there an expert who would go on record with their opinion so that my Visa dispute is stronger. I need someone who is qualified to make such a judgement.
Go to a renowned bike builder and get them to put it in wrinting after inspecting your frame.

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
The Visa dispute is going ahead, I have third party opinions from two frame builders a metal fabricator and trustworthy people on CC. Visa think I have a good case but we shall see. Velodrome shop say that they will honor the decision fromVisa chargeback and will arrange pick up and refund if I 'win'. What they don't know is that Visa will instigate the refund should they find in my favour, what happens to the frame is not their concern.

S-Express

I know they are probably not your favourite people right now, but Velodrome shop are entitled to have the frame returned, just in case you were thinking otherwise.

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
I am only repeating what the Visa rep told me, what I am looking for is fairness not an opportunity to stick it to them. If Visa refund my money and Velodrome arrange the pick up that works as the frame is of no use to me.

Top Bottom