Expletive Deleted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
It official - I'm suffering with accute Labyrinthitis.

No work, gym, driving, cycling, anything remotely enjoyable until its gone. Best scenario is 3-4 weeks, worst could be 3 months :sad:

Although work pithes me off I like to turn up, support the team, put in my time and go home feeling like I've earned my coin so that aspect sits uncomfortably with me.

The zero exercise also chafes with my psyche - my fitness is going to suffer, I'm liable to miss a powerlifting competition next month, and nil miles on the bike is bringing on a cold sweat.

I'm relying on this place to give me my cycling fix, keep my pecker up until I is better.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That sounds unpleasant. I'm off cycling and running about for two to three weeks.

I can't however help too much with keeping your pecker up, brings tears to my eyes at present. LOL.

I went into A&E last night with pain from my little snip, the triage nurse (bloke) listened to my predicament, then asked, "so how are you feeling generally ?"

I said great other than this, and fell about laughing, so did he. My wife wondered what was going on as she was across the waiting room.

You have to laugh. Hope that cheers you up.

PS you'll be able to watch that Jeremy Kyle, eye opening it is.

400bhp

Guru
I've had it - luckily for me the worst didn't last long (a few days) but it was horrible.

Do the exercises that you should have been told about (head on the side on the bed then lift up fast and put head straight).

I don't wish to alarm you but for some people it lasts for years.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Bummer, I have had that twice. First time it lasted 8 weeks but the 2nd time I realised what it was straight away and got up the quacks pronto and was back on the bike in 2 weeks.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Sure did feller ;)

Utter REDACTED class :smile:

Big boy

i also had to look it up, blimey hope the docs get you sorted soon.
A lot of us wish for the day when we dont have to work, me included.
I had to quit work to look after my other half, was ok for a while but now its hell on earth.
As you said the team thing and of course routine, we all have it on our hard drive.

sdr gb

Falling apart
I suffered from this on and off for around 3 years so you have my sympathies. Mine probably lasted so long due to previous problems with my inner ear, (partially deaf and tinnitus). Hopefully yours will will be over with quickly as it is one of the worst things that I've ever suffered from.

Get well soon.

subaqua

What’s the point
I've had it - luckily for me the worst didn't last long (a few days) but it was horrible.

Do the exercises that you should have been told about (head on the side on the bed then lift up fast and put head straight).

I don't wish to alarm you but for some people it lasts for years.

same here, at the back end of August took about 10 days to go enough to function as a human rather than a robot. the worst bit was having to use pubic (sic) transport. the upside was that it felt like i had been drinking about 10 pints.

I found a large scotch about 10pm helped knock me out . I avoided the tablets they prescribed as the side effects listed as common was not a nice read.

4F

I didn't have any problems with the tablets and any side effects were better than the constant nausea, even moving my head slightly made me feel as I was going to chuck.

subaqua

What’s the point
I didn't have any problems with the tablets and any side effects were better than the constant nausea, even moving my head slightly made me feel as I was going to chuck.
it felt like seasickness does to me. and i learnt how to combat that a long time ago. makes me walk and stand funny though. the side effect of "Erectile dysfunction" was enough for me to go Whooooah . NO Way

4F

LOL, no lasting problmes here pleased to say. I was on holiday when I first got it and the hospital diagnosed heat stroke #muppets. Cut the holiday short and went to my quacks who diagnosed it straight away. Agree about it feeling like seasickness and like walking when you are drunk which is really unpleasant 24 hours a day.

Top Bottom