Explosion at Manchester Arena

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
We went to NEC last Thursday (by error, should have gone to Barclaycard Arena to see Mickey Flanagan) when she was playing there. Saw the age profile of the audience. How could anyone deem these as legitimate targets.

Did get to see Mickey Flanagan.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Now reporting that the death toll has risen to 22!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I just feel sad that anyone whatever the reason can lack any empathy for their fellow human being.
Thoughts to those killed, injured and their families. :sad:
I was slightly suspicious something was afoot as there was a very visible armed police presence in the centre of town last week. I saw them stopping people and checking bags on King St in the middle of the day and wondered if there was an increased threat level, may have been coincidence but who knows. Probably not the time to speculate .

Sandra6

Veteran
It's so upsetting to see this sort of thing happen.
first I knew was when eldest daughter texted to say it had happened, but not to worry she wasn't there. Having children in the area makes you have a moment of panic even though you know they wouldn't have been at that concert, you stil think "where are they?" I'm glad I didn't know sooner.
It's amazing to see how many people came forward to offer help though, but really worrying the number of young children still unaccounted for.

TrishE

Über Member
It's the run on Sunday my son is taking part worried sick now. I lived in woolwich in the 70's with the pub bombings literally at the end of the street target nowadays is children so horrible.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's the run on Sunday my son is taking part worried sick now.
Try not to worry. Even this horrible attack killed only 22 of the thousands at the gig, of the 66 million in this country. Even if you were there, your chance of being even injured was small. These attackers are really rubbish. Current road traffic is more dangerous and that doesn't stop many people doing what they want. Celebrate life. Keep living. Win.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Was working the night shift so watched this unfold last night as the news fed through. All I could think all night was how badly I wanted to hold my family tight, but at least I knew they were safely tucked up in bed a few miles away from the devastation.
The people who have done this are wrong, what ever their reasons and I am afraid all they will get from me is two fat fingers stuck up at them! I will let the emergency services do their excellent work but this will not stop me from going about my life as before. They will not stop me from living life, they will not win.

Top Bottom