Explosion at Manchester Arena

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Human rights for all. Peace for all. Love for all. Compassion for all. We should settle for nothing less.
Any other thread and I'd have done some obvious crappy joke about excluding northerners. However this is not the thread and quite frankly from what I've read about those who helped out I am humbled and in awe of everyone involved.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Not often I get emotional but I had a good cry cycling home from work the other day. They said on the news that the father of Olivia, one of the girls who was later confirmed dead, was walking the streets of Manchester with her photo asking everyone if they had seen her. It broke my heart, I know if mini-KB was missing in the same circumstances I'd be exactly the same, searching for even the tiniest hope she was okay. I can't imagine how terrible it must be to lose a child in those circumstances.

@Grant Fondo I will keep everything crossed they find your colleague and their daughter safe and sound.

Shaun

Founder
As mentioned earlier, I've moved a few posts to the Manchester Arena Explosion thread in the politics and current affairs forum for continued / more in-depth discussion of some of the points raised in them. Apologies for not sending individual notifications and for moving one or two posts that were linked to other posts (not moving them would have pulled them out of context).

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Well if that's the case the terrorists have scored a partial victory as Ms Grande's O2 gigs have just been cancelled....

Only the O2 gigs (presumably in the next week or two)? I'm inclined to cut the lady some slack and deny the terrorists the point meself...

Well if that's the case the terrorists have scored a partial victory as Ms Grande's O2 gigs have just been cancelled....
If other gigs by other artists are cancelled in the wake of this, then that may be the terrorists "winning". But if your fans die at a concert, it's generally regarded as the done thing to take a moment, out of respect for the dead. No different how they died. David Cassidy retired after someone was killed at a concert. Rolling Stones did not.

I think she is doing the right thing, and I assume she is genuinely distressed by what happened.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Been told of a radio phone in programme where a phoner in asserted that muslims should explitely distance themselves from / appoligies for the recent actions. The presenter, to his huge credit asked the phoner in if he would like to appologise for Ian Brady. He didn't get it at all.

The way to reject and defy terrorists is to (continue) to treat our muslim coleagues, friends, neighbours as , what colleagues, friends neighbours and not let an evil looney create a rift betwen decent people of differing pursuasions. Muslims should not be required to appologies for a wicked act of a looney thant I shoudl be required to appologies for Ian brady.

Exremists, whether they be muslims or Katy Hopkins wish to promote hatred and devision. Defy them by carrying as normal with decent, dare I say "British" values and behaviour to all

classic33

Leg End Member
upload_2017-5-25_16-14-20.png

https://twitter.com/CheshirePolCC?r.../live/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-39405411

Top Bottom