Exposure Helmet Mount Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grizzly

Hi all, I've just spent all my Christmas cash on lights, yes already. I've purchased a Magicshine 808 front and an 818 rear, I also got an Exposure Joystick with a WhiteEye attachment. The problem is that the ball joint in the helmet mount with the Joystick is too loose, if I tip my head forwards the light falls forward, and if I tip my head back, well you can guess what happens. Does anyone have any tip or suggestions to remedy this?

Thanks in anticipation of your help. (or someone taking the micky)

Norm

Doesn't tightening the plastic allen bolt (the one inside the helmet) tighten the ball joint?

To be honest, though, I'd recommend getting the Exposure headband and not stick that thing on your head.

OP
OP
Grizzly

Grizzly

Doesn't tightening the plastic allen bolt (the one inside the helmet) tighten the ball joint?

To be honest, though, I'd recommend getting the Exposure headband and not stick that thing on your head.

Thats what I thought, but after I tightened the allen bolt there was no improvement. So your post made me decide that it MUST be the allen bolt so I swiped it for the longer one and guess what, IT WORKS:-)

Thanks for the advice, I have a huge habit of breaking new stuff that I get so your input re-assured me that I was thinking in the right direction.

Top Bottom