Extreme cycle commuting!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I reckon my only chance of getting to work tomorrow is by bike. No ice tyres though, so might have to just shut my eyes from time to time. :eek:
If you start at 9 you'll be fine, ice should be gone according to the Met app.
I start at 7.30 :B)

Slick

Guru
If you start at 9 you'll be fine, ice should be gone according to the Met app.
I start at 7.30 :B)
I usually like to be there for 7 but as the snow started to melt off the upper roof it fell and smashed the conservatory roof so I've got the builders in first thing tomorrow. Main roads are mostly fine, it's getting to them that's the problem.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I started at 5am this morning and that is after my 20km commute in the snow on my bike. I was boiling.

I am now sat with a couple of coffees inside me and I am glowing. ^_^

Im just hoping the snow stops and the sun comes out to clear the snow away a bit. I have a 50km ride planned for my trip home at 13.30.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Another year and I'll be too old to shovel snow! Hurrah!!!
How old do you need to be, not to shovel snow?

I am 60 in May and have just sent my application in for the Transcontinental. I was thinking that this would be my last chance. Then I saw a guy who has entered for the North Cape 4000 is 70 this year and so now I have 9 more chances at applying. ^_^

Your never too old to do stuff.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Bike it is then. :thumbsup:
I don't know how it was your way, but this morning at 6 here it was still icy on the paths.
I took to the main road again, tractor and all :laugh:
The NCN to Rutherglen is on shared pavements from Shawfield, some parts had ice still at 6pm, no wonder, they haven't been gritted for weeks.
Prepped the normal commuter for tomorrow, I've been arriving at work a sweaty mess on the tractor :blush: :girl:

Slick

Guru
I don't know how it was your way, but this morning at 6 here it was still icy on the paths.
I took to the main road again, tractor and all :laugh:
The NCN to Rutherglen is on shared pavements from Shawfield, some parts had ice still at 6pm, no wonder, they haven't been gritted for weeks.
Prepped the normal commuter for tomorrow, I've been arriving at work a sweaty mess on the tractor :blush: :girl:
It was the same here, although you could see the thaw has started.

I'm glad you've prepped the trusted steed for tomorrow, because nobody limes a sweaty mess. :laugh::thumbsup:

classic33

Leg End Member
It was the same here, although you could see the thaw has started.

I'm glad you've prepped the trusted steed for tomorrow, because nobody limes a sweaty mess. :laugh::thumbsup:
They use lemons or oranges?

Top Bottom