F.w evans bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've got one of those front changers. I used it for years. I couldn't figure out how it worked to begin with but with a few bits and pieces and a bit of lateral thinking I managed to get the cable hooked up to it. Only recently did I find out that it was supposed to be rod operated. It worked absolutely fine. It's a desk ornament now, as they're rather pretty with the Benelux paint scheme.

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Über Member
Thanks for the info on this bike it will really benefit from a good clean and a bit of tlc it still has air in the tyres and is all working pics are a bit crap but the weather was pretty grotty it's now in the dry in the garage until the weekend when I will have a proper look at it Please feel free to tell me more about it if anybody has had one I know spokesmann had a similar gear changer on a carlton

That looks like a Williams chainset, which makes dating the bike easy. If you look at the cranks they will have a date letter on them. A bit of Googling will soon give you a date for the bike. Judging by the fork rake it is pretty early. About 1947 would be my guess.

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Über Member
Have a feeling they are milremo cranks

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Thanks for the info on this bike it will really benefit from a good clean and a bit of tlc it still has air in the tyres and is all working pics are a bit crap but the weather was pretty grotty it's now in the dry in the garage until the weekend when I will have a proper look at it Please feel free to tell me more about it if anybody has had one I know spokesmann had a similar gear changer on a carlton
Blimmin 'eck, that's a fabulous find ... well done Swifty!

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Top Bottom