F.w evans bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Über Member
That's what I wanted to hear I don't want to spoil the look of a bike that is about 50 years old that royal Enfield looks great hope mine looks as good I'm not really into the full rebuild scene just like to see this old bike have a new lease of life

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
It was all stripping, cleaning and polishing with new cables. Took a fair while but I'm proud of that bike.

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Über Member
What do you do with them all after because you seem to have a lovely collection of old bikes this evans bike will clean up really well I hope has anybody had one before
It was all stripping, cleaning and polishing with new cables. Took a fair while but I'm proud of that bike.

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Über Member
Some better pics
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Über Member
I think there is a serial number high up by the seatpost but still not sure how I am going to date it accurately

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Über Member
Started to have a closer look and a first clean today a few more product names starting to appear .the head clip is chater lea seat is a wrights Olympian can't find any names on chainring just 50t and 47t crank arms no visible names stamped with a n on rear found a number at top of frame 7458 under bottom bracket cr23 british made 3/4 and 151 the wheels are dunlop special lightweight rims I am thinking mid 50 s but not sure

stevevw

Guru
I think this could be as early as 1951. GB courier brake levers had a separate adjuster pre 1952 what are yours like? I have found a page in the 1952 Cyclo Catalogue showing your chain set and front changer.

From Cyclo 1953 catalogue.jpg

Now that is really useful info, in my view. I thought those rod changers didn't go much into the early 50s. I have a 1949 bike with GB Coureur brakes.

Edit to correct date!

Last edited:
Top Bottom