Face masks on public transport.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Surely you mean Piers Corbyn? If you choose to believe what this chap believes, which is not supported by mainstream science, and who actually is not a climatologist, at least you can do him the courtesy of getting his name right.
Does he deserve courtesy??

a.twiddler

Veteran
Does he deserve courtesy??
Everyone deserves courtesy. At least, until they demonstrate that they don't. Part of being courteous, and having consideration for others, would be for example, to wear a face covering, in the current circumstances, while out in public. Not for oneself, but for others' protection.

Everyone deserves courtesy. At least, until they demonstrate that they don't. Part of being courteous, and having consideration for others, would be for example, to wear a face covering, in the current circumstances, while out in public. Not for oneself, but for others' protection.
Not sure you understand what we are talking about. It is courtesy to his views??

Disagree, I don't think his views are worth a fart. Nor am I particularly bothered about making a mistake with his name.

postman

Legendary Member
Been down in to Meanwood this morning.To buy a card for the wife of a mate of ours,who has sadly passed away,not the virus.I put the mask on when i got to the door.The staff did not have one one.I also decided not to go to the cafe over the road,the one i normally use.Even though i could see things had changed.Still wary.

MarkF

Guru

If you want to wear a mask do so, it's nothing to do with me. I didn't ask you to protect me and don't think that you did, courtesy here seems to be like nice coercion. :okay:

a.twiddler

Veteran
If you want to wear a mask do so, it's nothing to do with me. I didn't ask you to protect me and don't think that you did, courtesy here seems to be like nice coercion. :okay:
There has been enough information quoted on this forum so I am not going to re invent the wheel by repeating it. If you don't get it, then you just don't get it.
I will continue to wear a face covering in public places. If it stops one vulnerable person from catching whatever I may or may not have, even if I don't know I've got it yet, then it is worthwhile.
I presume by your reply, you object to wearing some sort of face covering? In which case, it is everything to do with you, and people who think the way you do. As for coercion, nobody likes to be compelled to do things, but in this case, given all the information available, this should be something that you can work out for yourself. If it comes from within, it's not coercion.

MarkF

Guru
There has been enough information quoted on this forum so I am not going to re invent the wheel by repeating it. If you don't get it, then you just don't get it.
I will continue to wear a face covering in public places. If it stops one vulnerable person from catching whatever I may or may not have, even if I don't know I've got it yet, then it is worthwhile.
I presume by your reply, you object to wearing some sort of face covering? In which case, it is everything to do with you, and people who think the way you do. As for coercion, nobody likes to be compelled to do things, but in this case, given all the information available, this should be something that you can work out for yourself. If it comes from within, it's not coercion.

Yes there certainly is a lot of information, thankfully I also look outside of a cycle forum for that information. You carry on wearing your mask, and if you are wearing one to protect people from something you may not have in July 2020, then I'd splash out and get a jaunty bespoke fitted one from Jermyn Street because you'll be wearing one forever. :okay:

Rocky

Hello decadence
Yes there certainly is a lot of information, thankfully I also look outside of a cycle forum for that information. You carry on wearing your mask, and if you are wearing one to protect people from something you may not have in July 2020, then I'd splash out and get a jaunty bespoke fitted one from Jermyn Street because you'll be wearing one forever. :okay:
It appears that The Royal Society, the organisation of top U.K. scientists, is recommending the wearing of masks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53316491

BTW, there’s a slight flaw in your argument. Asymptomatic spread of Covid is well known and well described. If you care about your fellow human, wear a mask In enclosed public places. This is while Covid is in circulation but when it’s gone, then there is no need.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
1594108000127.png

dodgy

I get round that by only fixing mine or my wife’s bike. Others will have to fix their own bikes for now.

Must admit, I'd be a little nervous of helping others just now, but would still do it if they seemed the type to be courteous. I do use sanitiser every time I have to open a gate on the NCN, though. Mostly smooth iron work, perfect surface for virus survival. Most I see just operate them as normal without a second thought, maybe I'm over thinking it, but it takes almost no effort for peace of mind.

Top Bottom