Facebook. Others have done it. My turn now. Dumped.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
I'm always glad to hear when someone gets a part of their life back.
Other than CC(and I don't count that as Social Media),I don't do any Faceplook or Twatter.
When I tell people that,they are astonished :ohmy: .I bumped into someone after 16 years who said they had been looking for me on FB.When I told him he wouldn't find me on any social media ,he said " but everyone does it"
Really ?
Right up his street actually,he is a terrible gossip.
Starts every second sentence with " Did ye hear aboot"
Same here.
I'm often "encouraged" by the office gossip to get a decent phone (IPhone 7 of course) and get on farce book.
No chance, just so he and his fake friends can spy, gossip, stir and fish for info :thumbsdown:
I've better things to do :hello: :tongue:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I found my daughter and grand daughter on Face Book :smile:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I use forums for various hobbies, but use a different identity and avatar on each one.
I use several different email addresses for various reasons and use disposable addresses for a lot of things.
Don't, and never will, use Facebook, Twitter, Snap chat et al.
Most people are really far too lax in the amount of personal information they allow to be freely accessible on the Internet.

Drago

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4494830, member: 76"]I have to discuss Social Media at work frequently. You would be amazed how slack some people can be. One of our staff wrote on FB that the managers of her place of work couldn't organise a shag in a brothel, were fat useless middle aged bitches, her colleagues were dried up hags and that she meant most shifts looking for another job online. She was friends on FB with 75% of her colleagues :wacko:[/QUOTE]It's a double edged sword. The bosses should remember that just because someone has been daft enough to say it on Facebook doesn't mean it's not true.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's more antisocial media ;)

Sandra6

Veteran
Must be the month for it, I deactivated my account the other day.
I'm only doing it for a month, along with being sober and not eating sugar. Cleansing mind, body and soul!!!
I like facebook for sharing "thoughts of the day" and new ways to enjoy gin. It also means I can keep an eye on the older three of my brood who no longer live here, and my cute cousins who I don't see enough of.
I don't like the endless drivel people share and the constant attempts to outdo people with smugness.
I will miss causing pointless arguments with people on the wright stuff and netmums pages though.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I was "more or less" forced to join fb as a family member was organising a funeral and details were on it.
I hardly ever go on it....or understand it.
So........
One time I got a request to be someones friend........I had not seen this person for many years and doubt I ever will.......so.........I declined.
How did I know fb would notify them!!!!! I am told by a relative thay I had really offended the person concerned :ohmy:

Top Bottom