Facebook Q

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Not look up an old girlfriend are we User ? :biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
No - as far as I can gather... my eldest keeps trying to improve my facebook stuff... today she was telling me how I should be doing "wall to wall" instead of typing in the way I do.

potsy

Rambler
User1314 said:
If I visit somebodys facebook site will they know that I have done so? Or is the visit anonymous?

summerdays said:
No - as far as I can gather... my eldest keeps trying to improve my facebook stuff... today she was telling me how I should be doing "wall to wall" instead of typing in the way I do.
OMG you lot sound ancient:biggrin:;)

montage

God Almighty
seriously though - the lucky girl will have no idea just how lucky she is...you shall remain in the shadows to her.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
potsy said:
OMG you lot sound ancient:biggrin:;)

I am (to my kids):evil::biggrin::biggrin:

She was also telling me off for writing facebook on a post ... apparently it should be fb!!

I find it a difficult line to walk .... here its easier as I'm annoymous (don't tell me that I'm not), and you don't know the real me. On Facebook you mix up different groups of friends and family and have to be careful what you say and reveal. I even struggle with whether you should tag people in a photo ...

Facebook makes me feel old - when I remember my grandparents struggling with new modern devices I get a similar feeling with facebook ... and I start to wonder if its a feeling I will increasingly encounter.

In its simplest terms it reminds me of the piece of paper I used to leave blu-tac'd to my door in university for friends to write on.

lady_rider

Someone's fb stalking... ;) I've noticed that while it doesn't say explicitly if someone's viewed you recently, it does come up with a suggestion to befriend people. I had a suggestion that I might like to befriend my supervisor from uni, when we didn't have any mutual friends... So I have a feeling if you look at someone, fb suggests to the person you looked at that they may want to be your friend. Just a hunch, not proven. Lol, I sound like I'm paranoid...

Noodley

Is there not also an application which comes up with a calender of the profile pics of people who have viewed your page?

Bayerd

Über Member
lady_rider said:
Someone's fb stalking... ;) I've noticed that while it doesn't say explicitly if someone's viewed you recently, it does come up with a suggestion to befriend people. I had a suggestion that I might like to befriend my supervisor from uni, when we didn't have any mutual friends... So I have a feeling if you look at someone, fb suggests to the person you looked at that they may want to be your friend. Just a hunch, not proven. Lol, I sound like I'm paranoid...

That's probably come from your email address list. I have two accounts, one for personal and one for business use. I couldn't work out initially why the friend suggestion came through when I don't use the two accounts in the same location, then it dawned on me that I'd also received friend suggestions for people I'd traded with on Ebay.

longers

Legendary Member
I've started on there recently. I joined ages ago but never did anything with it then got a message from someone interesting I met once who got recommended me as a friend via a family connection.

Not long after starting, a school friend I thought had been dead for 10 or more years got in touch. He's not dead!

I can't be arsed with most of it though.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
longers said:
I can't be arsed with most of it though.
Same here.

I was looking at the pages of a few relatives whose social lives I know to be not exactly blistering, and they had two to three hundred "friends" listed.

They would be better off getting out a bit more.

Top Bottom