Fair weather cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ive driven to work the last 2 days because of the ice. Setting off for a 4.30am, 20km commute on ice is too risky as I live right out in the sticks. Even stopping to fix a puncture could lead to hypothermia.
I do carry a sealant can this time of year because I lose feeling in my fingers too fast to even replace a tube when it's very cold. It's also more likely to work in a lower-pressure MTB tyre, in my experience.

keithmac

Guru
Some one fell off a motor bike on ice this morning according to mrs ck when she did the school run .

I had to pick a Triumph Trophy 1200 up from the local main dealers and ride it back for MOT, it had snowed an hour earlier and they had tried to clear the car park. The snow would have been better!.

Managed to get out just riding the clutch and NO front brake but its was a bottom clencher!.

I don't mind snow, IME you just have to keep on top of the after ride care. Its what's underneath though :eek:
Its been pretty mild here and never once dropped below 0deg for my commute, although it was a wind chill of -3deg and getting a p'ture at the mid way and darkest point of my rural commute was pain. Fortunately though when you only have to worry about wind chill and not ice, it just a case of the right type of clothes. We did eventually get a scattering of snow but not enough to lie; apparently it caused mass traffic chaos just down the road in London :rolleyes:

Top Bottom