False MTB'ing ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

a genuine MTB experience
And what style of MTB riding would offer that?
Downhill, enduro, all-mountain, freeride, trail, cross country, slopestyle, dirt jump, street or 4X?

...or Fat bike?

Drago

Legendary Member
Of course, the OP drives an electric car, electronically restricted to the exact speed limit, because to drive anything faster and not use it around Brands Hatch is false driving.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
upload_2018-5-12_9-40-55.png

Jody

Stubborn git
This topic has been done to the death on other forums. There is no such thing as a genuine or false MTB experience. Natural riding has it's place and so does a trail centre which is why they are so popular. We spend all year riding the peak district, local woodland trails, flat xc rides etc but normally have a few days in Wales away from the family specifically at trail centres as it offers something that we cannot regularly get in my location. The trail centres offer carefully thought out, built and managed days out.

You have snobs looking down on people with cheap machinery and you have reverse snobs sneering at those that can afford high end bikes but can't ride well.

Just let people buy what they want to buy, ride what and where they want to ride. It doesn't matter one bit.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
All three , I think

:laugh:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
.... and some will even pretend to climb Alpe d'Huez and other great climbs, and never venture outside their garage. Can't be a more false experience than this, but I suspect one or two on this forum get loads of enjoyment from it.
Although my bike and I regularly venture out of my shed I have ridden a virtual Alpe d'Huez and I take exception to your suggestion that I got loads of enjoyment from it, I could barely feel my legs afterwards!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

For me it is not cycling round man made trails litter'd with jumps .. to me that is nothing more than a jazzed up bmx course pretending to offer a genuine MTB experience ie Glentress and other such locations ,

All they offer is just a false experience ,, Yet those folks that spend insane cash on there bikes are easy duped by the marketing etc to go to those places
Luckily you're far too intelligent for that, eh?

Top Bottom