Famous/semi famous people you know/knew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'm really, really, really hoping that I might be friends with an MP soon.

Currently she's 'just' our local Independent candidate with best chance of knocking a Tory out of his seat.

Came closest of any last time round.

This time it's looking more hopeful.

Everything crossed ... More campaigning to do.

I know quite a few people off of the telly, film directors, politicos, and suchlike, but I think one thing these people appreciate in their friends is discretion :angel:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I went to school with Malcolm Preedy who played rugby for Gloucester and got 1 cap for England. He was in the year below me at junior school, somewhere in my possession is a photo of our school football team that I believe has both of us in it if I remember correctly, it was long time ago.

My wife has rather more substantial claims, see post 20 here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/meeting-someone-famous.160613/page-2#post-3182057 . There are others too.

She also went out on a date with the famous Joy Division suicidalist Ian Curtis. I don't know if the two events are related. When I asked her what he was like, 'weird' was her reply.

Landsurfer

Veteran
J. Kay .. ... was at Birchanger Green Services on the M11 ... in a white Lamborghini .... he couldn't get the petrol cap open .... so i filled up my MZ 300 and went to help him.
I got a genuine thanks .... and a smile ....
Love his music ... and his mums ......^_^

He wasn't wearing a hat !

Landsurfer

Veteran
Suzi Quatro's keyboard player was in my Scout Troop !

1st Bangor Co. Down ..... the provisional wing of the Scout Movement in Ulster.
Unattached to any church, banned from the County Flag competition, mostly found clinging upside down to mountains in the Mournes, in the snow, or being wiped out by huge waves in kayaks .....
Fighting off rats in barns ...
The cutting edge of Scouts in a 1970's war zone .....

Loved it!!

Made me !!

23 years in the armed forces was a doddle after 1st Bangor Scouts !!

And .... he was a great keyboard player ....................

^_^^_^^_^

Last edited:
Had my memory jogged while watching some old rallying vids the other night...

Someone I used to know reasonably well was Paul White, who was Henri Toivonen's co-driver when Henri won the RAC Rally in 1980. I still have the photos that Paul sent me of him and Henri from that year's rally. :blush:

Top Bottom