Fancy dress party themes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

red_tom

A friend (it is a friend, honest!) is having a fancy dress party as their housewarming and wants to give it a theme. Pirates or Tube stations are being bandied around as ideas at the moment. Surely some of you have got a better idea.

Melvil

A Bad taste theme is always fun...there's been some real shockers in the past!

We've also had a 'P' party - Pavarotti, Prozzie, Platoon, Pixie, Policeman etc....

We had a clothes swap party - everyone had to turn up in fancy dress of their choosing, then when people arrived they got given a number on a kiddies plaster (you know, mickey mouse, etc etc playing on the plaster) to stick on their forehead.

Then every 45mins or so the cooker timer would go off and the host read out a list of numbers as pairs. Everyone had to find the person they were paired with and swap costumes.

My friends gf put a lot of effort in, so that people wouldn't mismatch size-wise ridiculously. I think I started as a vampire, turned into a cheerleader (!), then an american football player and a slutty nurse at the end.

Was brilliant fun, but needs an organised mind (and close friends) to pull it off.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Dayvo said:
Don't forget Stella Artois!

I only tried it once, and I would like to forget it.

Desert Orchid

We had a Shakespeare party,

I went as Bottom

productbottom.jpg

buggi

Bird Saviour
it's a bit run of the mill but James Bond goes down well. one guy looked really good... he donned a tuxedo teamed with flippers and a fake duck on his head.

and my boss went as goldfinger.

Keith Oates

Janner
I once got invited to a fancy dress 'meet the neighbours, party. I duly turned up and was shown into the main room. The only one in fancy dress was me, it broke the ice though and afterwards the host (my now ex mate) said the atmosphere of the party improved after I arrived.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tetedelacourse

Ha ha good stuff Keith. Reminds me of a Halloween party I went to where the theme was, understandably, horror films. One girl didn't realise though and turned up as a giant raspberry. I suppose it would have been pretty frightening if you were allergic to them. Hers was the most popular cozzy.

Top Bottom