Fans of odd/world/obscure music - help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The Ali Farka Toure + Toumani Diabete folder presumably has the album "In the Heart of the Moon". Well worth a listen.
upload_2019-3-12_12-46-27.png

We're off! Thanks.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Abba, Billie Holliday, Billy Bragg then Astrud Giberto.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
What MP3 player do you have, most allow themselves to be filled completely by taking random tracks. That way you can sample a bit of everything and decide what you like. You might find that by excluding 2 Many DJs you can save a huge amount of space, they were quite prolific with their mix outputs.
How long have you got? I have about a dozen - Creative Zen, Philips and Sony. But they're all quite old & I don't think any of them lets you do that.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Afro Celt Sound System are worth a listen.
Agree. Of their time, but very good nonetheless

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I'm just playing Talking Timbuktu now, so thanks to you, too!

Youssou N'Dour is always worthwhile too - I know he's far from obscure, but there's a reason for that (and it ain't 7 seconds...)

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Some at random from my hard drive:

Afro-Cuban All Stars
The individual artists from the Buena Vista Social Club all made some great albums: Omara Portuondo, Ibrahim Ferrer, Rueben Gonzalez, Compay Segundo.
Orchestra Boabab made nothing but great music
Papa Wemba
Keb Mo
Baba Maal

More anon if desired.

AndyRM

XOXO
I like Antony & The Johnsons. The word 'unique is much-overused these days, but the first time I saw him on Jools the hairs stood up on the back of my neck, and I knew I was listening to something seriously different. I even bought the album! To write off all the rest seems a tad extreme... :whistle:

You saw her, not him.

That's an eclectic list. Highlights for me would be Air, Alabama 3 and Aphex Twin. What else is on there?

Top Bottom