Fans of odd/world/obscure music - help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

k_green

The Ali Farka Toure + Toumani Diabete folder presumably has the album "In the Heart of the Moon". Well worth a listen.
Agree :smile:
And see if you've got any other Mali artists like Tinariwen or Oumou Sangaré

Edit: oo, I see you have Orchestra Baobab. Check them out! :smile:

AndyRM

XOXO
Oops - that's embarrassing. Has she always been a she?

No need to be embarrassed. As far as I know, she's always identified as trans but only relatively recently decided 'she' was the right pronoun.

This is worth a read - https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/apr/09/trans-singer-anohni-new-album-hopelessness

There is some class stuff on there, one jumped out at me in particular - My Chemical Romance. You can safely get rid of that without listening. They're awful.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Another reason to delete the lot... incorrectly organised :thumbsdown:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
There's loads there to like ... work through them all in order. Tonight. Full report by tomorrow lunchtime, please :okay:

Abdullah Ibrahim - Start with Mannenburg.

Then go down to T and listen to Tom Waits.

I make only those few suggestions since it'll save you a lot of money, considering someone owns those artists one dollar per song.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I always find how people organise their music interesting, for me its surname first, for bands The Beatles would be under B, The The, would be under T :smile:
Same here. There used to be an Andy's Records in Lancaster that had Zappa in the F section and Bowie filed under D... it was one of those petty things that really got my goat.

My DVD collection, on the other hand is arranged by the colour of the spine, and font, and the position/style of font :wacko:

Top Bottom