Farewell Corridori Cycle Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnblack

Über Member
A friend (of a friend) runs a bike shop and their business model seems to mainly be changing inner tubes. Fixing up, servicing, and selling sporty goods like Triathlon stuff, running & swimming accessories, shoes, cycling clothes, GPSs, turbos, smart watches, gels, hydration tabs* ... and bikes when they can get the stock. A bit of a trendy operation and not your old fashioned LBS fronted by grumpy condescending old bloke, irritated at being disturbed from his wheelbuilding reverie.

I don't know that they're raking it in but I think they are doing OK.

I think they may sell coffee too, I've not been there (or indeed anywhere) for a while. For obvious reasons.

* Basically all the kind of stuff that gets people on here braying and waving their order papers shouting "shame, shame". ;)

I bought a really nice rain jacket from them. It's a running jacket but folds up nice and small. Naturally the first time I wore it I crashed and made a bit of a hole in it.😠
If my LBS tried to make a living selling bikes he would be doing something else. Quick jobs with a decent labour charge and small markup on parts is what gets him through. Even if he had what I wanted, I wouldn't buy a bike off him because it's far cheaper elsewhere, (unless I'm doing RTW) but I chuck all kinds of fixes his way not because I can't do them, but because I can't be bothered to do them myself.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
A friend (of a friend) runs a bike shop...
EDIT

I bought a really nice rain jacket from them. It's a running jacket but folds up nice and small. Naturally the first time I wore it I crashed and made a bit of a hole in it.😠

And if you'd bought one from Rapha they'd have helped with the repair costs. Competition is intense, from many sources. Hard to distinguish yourself from the competition when your main line is repairing punctures.

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
Popped in for a farewell chat with Guy.

Sourcing both bikes and parts has been very hard for a year and is unlikely to improve for another year - so retirement has been brought forward by maybe a couple of years. His guys have had no difficulty getting jobs in the local trade - seems a number have moved to the new Pinarello store in Epsom. The reputation of Corridori stood them in good stead in the job market.

Guy strongly recommends CNN cycles in Redhill for ex-customers wanting good service. @Paul_Smith SRCC will no doubt be pleased to have that recommendation.

vickster

Legendary Member
Popped in for a farewell chat with Guy.

Sourcing both bikes and parts has been very hard for a year and is unlikely to improve for another year - so retirement has been brought forward by maybe a couple of years. His guys have had no difficulty getting jobs in the local trade - seems a number have moved to the new Pinarello store in Epsom. The reputation of Corridori stood them in good stead in the job market.

Guy strongly recommends CNN cycles in Redhill for ex-customers wanting good service. @Paul_Smith SRCC will no doubt be pleased to have that recommendation.
Where’s that then out of interest?

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
Where’s that then out of interest?
The Pinarello HQ is based in Epsom ( Longmead Business Centre KT19 9QQ ), they are in the process of moving to a larger unit on the same estate; it's not an actual store.

Jon the mechanic at Corridori and Blake who also helped out at the store on occasion both now work there. I know that Pinarello sales have grown significantly since Richard Hemmington and the team have taken over from the previous distributor, Jon and Blake would have played their part in that; they are lucky to have them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom