Farewell Dad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
Cancer is a complete bastard. I feel for you. There is no sense in why and how, just loss.

steven1988

Veteran
Any form of cancer is vile. Seeing a parent slowly loose their battle to it is the worst thing.

I lost my mum to oral cancer Christmas eve and my mother in law has been terminal with lung cancer for the last two years, she's slowly getting worse.

My condolences to you and your family.

I lost my Dad just before Christmas in one of those short but not very pretty endings - so deepest sympathy.

If you are dealing with the estate (and all the paperwork) and it's simple then there is an embryonic online probate facility which may be of use - you register, post the Death Cert and Probate declaration and then the Grant Of Representation is posted back within 21 days.

gaijintendo

Veteran
Uhhhffff. I am really sorry to hear this. My dad has had a couple of fairly bad diagnoses in the last few months - a big one today... and I suspect is probably feeling awfully depressed. If you have any thoughts or advice, and it wasn't too hard to share for you, I would be really happy to hear. Or just tell me to search for a thread! I really don't want to add to your burden.

I have no idea how I feel even about this stage of things. I can only imagine you are trying to find your feet. All the very best as you go through this.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Sorry to hear it. :sad: I'm not looking forward to the news that my Dad's pancreatic cancer has finally reached its conclusion. I visited him last weekend (that involves a flight from Melbourne to Perth return, as he's on the other side of the country), and unfortunately it seems he's given up. I don't know how much longer he'll last (the chemotherapy no longer works, and has been stopped), but I hope it's not too painful for him. It was good to see him again for a short while (only 2 days), but it was also stressful for both of us.

Top Bottom