Fashion that never dies (in your mind)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Get yourselves to this if you can! The scooter parade starts at 1pm. I just love the sound of a Lambretta! No horrible Harley Davidson greaser machines or similar are allowed in Clitheroe over the weekend!:stop:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co...._for_scooter_invasion_as_Mod_Weekender_return

Last edited:
U

User6179

Timberland boots ( as long as you don't have to walk any distance in them)
Jeans ( check they still fit if you have not wore them in a while)
Check shirt

winjim

Smash the cistern
At the grand old age of 40 I've just bought a pair of Levi 501s for the first time. Turns out they fit me better than any other pair I've ever worn so that's me sorted for jeans.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Get yourselves to this if you can! The scooter parade starts at 1pm. I just love the sound of a Lambretta! No horrible Harley Davidson greaser machines or similar are allowed in Clitheroe over the weekend!:stop:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co...._for_scooter_invasion_as_Mod_Weekender_return
Oversized hairdryers without the performance.

Get yourself a proper motorbike -
Triumph Bonneville 3.jpg

Adam4868

Guru
Fashion Victim's ! As the father of two teenagers,one a boy who is as tall as me (6 six foot )and has size 11 feet at fourteen ! Today ill be mostly wearing his cast offs.Skinny tracksuit bottoms and a pair of adidas handball spezial !

Timberland shoes, 501s, polo shirt.

Stan Smith's or sandals, shorts and T shirt.

Venod

Eh up
Fashion Victim's ! As the father of two teenagers,one a boy who is as tall as me (6 six foot )and has size 11 feet at fourteen ! Today ill be mostly wearing his cast offs.Skinny tracksuit bottoms and a pair of adidas handball spezial

My lad (who is now 41) used to hand me down clothes he didn't wear, I still have and wear a pair of Next denim jeans and a pair of Kickers white jeans, I think I am more chuffed that they still fit me after all these years than any aesthetic reason , they wouldn't fit the lad anymore.

simonali

Guru
At the grand old age of 40 I've just bought a pair of Levi 501s for the first time. Turns out they fit me better than any other pair I've ever worn so that's me sorted for jeans.

Back in the 80s when I was a full time cyclist and 501s were all the rage, I couldn't get them over my thighs and had to buy a different model that were a looser fit. This was more because I was super skinny with comparatively big legs, rather being built like Chris Hoy! I was a 28 waist, so the legs of the jeans were made to fit pipe cleaners.

Smudge

Veteran

501's were the only jeans i would wear back in the 80's & early 90's.... used to pay about £40 + for em.
Would never pay that now for jeans. I now buy jeans from Asda at £14..... but they're actually pretty good. In fact i buy a lot of clobber from George Asda.

U

User6179

Back in the 80s when I was a full time cyclist and 501s were all the rage, I couldn't get them over my thighs and had to buy a different model that were a looser fit. This was more because I was super skinny with comparatively big legs, rather being built like Chris Hoy! I was a 28 waist, so the legs of the jeans were made to fit pipe cleaners.

501s never fitted me either at the thighs, Levi 555s were a better fit .

simonali

Guru
501s never fitted me either at the thighs, Levi 555s were a better fit .

I think that may have been the ones I ended up with, too. In a fetching pale snow wash!

I'm a real sucker for expensive jeans these days and spent over 300 quid on two pairs a while back. I don't often wear long trousers so I like to make an occasion of it!

Top Bottom