Fast food, becoming a ripoff ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Jeez. give me a tenner and I'll cook you a dinner that'l be delicious and feed at least 6 people, in fact I could probably do it for a fiver. :hungry:

You and me both! :becool:

Give me a tenner and I'll cook a three course meal for four people. And probably still have change. :laugh:

Probably soup, some kind of pasta dish or curry, and a fruit crumble or sponge pudding to finish with.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
What time will it be ready and is there a veggie option.

PK99

Legendary Member
For a number of years we have run a Remembrance Day lunch in the local church hall. 3 courses plus cheese and a glass of wine.

Typical menu
Soup
Casserole e.g. boeuf bourgignon
Apple Crumble with custard
Cheese and biscuits
Coffee

£10 per head
60 dining
£200ish surplus to the British Legion.

How????
Free use of church hall and kitchens
Zero staff cost

For a number of years we have run a Remembrance Day lunch in the local church hall. 3 courses plus cheese and a glass of wine.

Typical menu
Soup
Casserole e.g. boeuf bourgignon
Apple Crumble with custard
Cheese and biscuits
Coffee

£10 per head
60 dining
£200ish surplus to the British Legion.

How????
Free use of church hall and kitchens
Zero staff cost

And buying stuff in bulk, I'd imagine...

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The small canteen at Durham Crown Court made a profit of a couple of hundred quid a week for the retired couple who ran it.

The food was cheap - £1 for a hot drink, £1.50 for a bacon roll - but the Court Service covered all the costs apart from ingredients.

Not that making a profit was the idea.

Once you get to know everyone crown courts are fun and interesting places, which the couple enjoyed being a part of.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I am amazed at the number of "essential journeys" being made to McD's. I walked up to the retail park two weeks ago (needed something from Wilko) and there was a queue to get into the queue for the drive-thru.

A co-worker drove 10 miles to get a burger yesterday, and his car blew a hose while he was there, necessitating a tow. Bet that took some explaining.

Top Bottom