Fast food, becoming a ripoff ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
CycleChat - The Mustard Wars

:giggle:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Into town early yesterday, to hopefully miss the crowds, fancied a snack mid morning, popped into MacDonalds for a sausage bacon and egg McMuffin and a couple of hash browns.
Tea later that day cooked a 12oz sirloin (cut in half, enough for both of us), 2 packs of stir fry, some egg noodles and a couple packs of stir fry sauce.

McDonalds cost for a snack, £9.95 iirc.
Steak and stir fry, a proper enjoyable meal, circa £8.25.

Dont get me wrong, I like a McDonald once in a while, but the prices seem to be getting silly.
My wife reckons I'm getting tight.

You could get a healthy kebab from the take away van for a lot less than that !

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Speaking of which, I've just loaded the crock pot with a beef casserole. With a generous dollop of wholegrain mustard included. :hungry:

Supper is at 8 :smile:

Sounds good to me on a chilly December evening.

Whenever Colman's English mustard is mentioned, I'm reminded of the old observation they must be the only food company to have made a fortune out of what was left on the side of the plate.

Tribansman

Veteran
Speaking of which, I've just loaded the crock pot with a beef casserole. With a generous dollop of wholegrain mustard included. :hungry:

Supper is at 8 :smile:

Cooking mustard takes away its pungency, so if you like its heat, add right at the end of cooking.

Wholegrain is less about the heat though so less affected than Dijon or English

vickster

Legendary Member
Sounds good to me on a chilly December evening.

Whenever Colman's English mustard is mentioned, I'm reminded of the old observation they must be the only food company to have made a fortune out of what was left on the side of the plate.
And perhaps the maker of Richmond sausages? :huh:
(or most sausages to be fair)

And perhaps the maker of Richmond sausages? :huh:
(or most sausages to be fair)

Richmond sausages are only good for the dripping they produce when being cooked. :becool:

There are really good sausages out there, but like a lot of things, one has to look around. I actually rather like the gluten free ones, as they're almost pure pork - they use rice starch as the binder.

Low fat sausages? Forget it, they're ghastly...

stephec

Legendary Member
When it comes to sausages I've just discovered a company called Thesausageman, an importer of German food.

I'm usually over there at least once a year and love a bit of bratwurst, frankfurter, and schnitzel .

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Errrr, excuse me. English mustard.

I recall you putting this forward a couple of years ago so I guess you're steadfast in your opinion. I respect that. I have had it before but first choice is a good brown sauce.

Both can be dispensed with the application of slight pressure on the containing vessel.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Top Bottom