Fast food, becoming a ripoff ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Compared to home-cooked equivalents, fast food is more pricey, but that's what one pays for convenience. But what's really eyewatering are the prices for food at major sports / events venues.

Have done my share of cat shows and motor racing meetings, and generally, I will take a pack up. A sandwich and a tea is nearly £10 at the NEC... :wacko:

We looked into running a food stall at events over 30 years ago, £300+++ per day to be allowed in. I know of guys in my trade paying over £125 a day to stand in supermarket car parks offering windscreen repair, some come home very empty pocket.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Biggest rip of fast food is that it’s not fast. You have queue, order then wait!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
We looked into running a food stall at events over 30 years ago, £300+++ per day to be allowed in. I know of guys in my trade paying over £125 a day to stand in supermarket car parks offering windscreen repair, some come home very empty pocket.

That's true, I researched doing event catering a while ago and the fees to put a pitch at an event are enormous, I knew I'd have to sell a lot (at what would be high prices) to make a go of it. I can see why the price of a meal at an event is so high, it's not the caterer making excessive profits as I initially suspected.

screenman

Legendary Member
Getting back to the price on car parks, just been chatting to one of my customers and he reminded me that you have to book and pay in advance and if it is raining on the day booked hard luck.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Not a rip off there just happens to be a cheaper way of buying a Pizza.

Exactly, buying delivered Pizza is not compulsory ;)

midlife

Guru
Wasn’t there some infighting for the food pitches at Devils Bridge a while ago ? Prices there made my nose bleed....

Gunk

Guru
I respectfully disagree. There’s no reason at all why the occasional McD should harm anyone with a healthy lifestyle.

I think that applies to everything in life, I only ever seem to eat it on a road trip when nothing else is available. It’s the sort of food that you instantly regret eating.

Brads

Burger King is actually pretty good but they have stopped their rebel burger which was my go to meat free burger.

Maccie D is good for a quick breakfast and coffee but nowt else.

Fish suppers ! they are great but you need a mortgage to pay for some of them nowadays.

Top Bottom