Fast food, becoming a ripoff ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
A McPie? My desire for pork pies varies. Sometimes I’m all over them. Other times I want something else.
Nah nothing beats a big chunk of a 2lb Walkers Pork Pie. Leicestershire's finest

1607946142354.png

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Sir, I beg to differ! A bacon roll cries out for brown sauce!
Edit: Builders merchants are amateurs to be honest - in my experience the best food shacks are found near transportation hubs where lorry drivers pass with frequency.
Without wishing to denigrate the Yorkie-Munchers, I would suggest that builders are altogether superior physical specimens due to their ceaseless and noble labouring. As a result, they require a regular input of excellent nourishment and have developed a knowledge of superior cuisine.

Smothering bacon rolls in brown sauce is still unforgiveable.

I agree with the quality. But its just the ease I find appealing occasionally. When Im at home and not touring, its burger king every time. I dont use Mcds in Denmark.
yep I'm partial to the very occasional Burger King Whopper if out and about in London and needing something - preferable to MacD for me - which I almost always regret.
By the by, for our OP and others - last time I used it (pre virus) if you installed the Burger King app you could get a Whopper for £2 on a particular day every week - Tuesday, Wednesday?
MacD had some similar app but as I say I usually regretted.
Cheap discounted MacDs were always readily available in London at least with vouchers on the back of Oyster pass reload receipts or vouchers in free papers - Metro.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Nah nothing beats a big chunk of a 2lb Walkers Pork Pie. Leicestershire's finest

View attachment 563309

Please... will you stop talking about Pork Pies... I am very. tempted...... ;)

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Another plus for McDonalds is their full compliance with Covid regulations.

I've been to two branches in the last couple of months.

Both were properly enforcing an 'only two customers inside at a time' rule, and there was a pleasant and helpful staff member to greet me and tell me what was expected.

If only some other hospitality businesses took their responsibilities so seriously, instead of spending their time squawking for government hand outs.
I'd agree with that much. The rare occasions I go in, the social distancing has been very well arranged and policed (one gent at a table nearby did something ..I don't know what, I wasnt paying much attention, but the staff member respectfully told him if he didn't comply with the rules, hed have to leave.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Not sure if I wrote up post somewhere, I've come to the conclusion we were over charged. Looked at the pricing and theres no way we should have paid nearly a tenner for what we had. That's the price you pay for not being a regular I suppose, I have no idea how much anything actually is in there.
So the whole post may be pointless in the end...unless we call it rip off fast food.....because we were overcharged.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Not sure if I wrote up post somewhere, I've come to the conclusion we were over charged. Looked at the pricing and theres no way we should have paid nearly a tenner for what we had. That's the price you pay for not being a regular I suppose, I have no idea how much anything actually is in there.
So the whole post may be pointless in the end...unless we call it rip off fast food.....because we were overcharged.
What did you have???

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
What did you have???
Two sausage egg McMuffins and 4 hash browns. Too slow on the pickup at the time, made the order, was told the price, i thought eh in my head for a split second, then paid. Not a regular so I just thought it had got fookin expensive.

Top Bottom