1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

favorite shoes

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Applegate, 3 Oct 2006.

1. Applegate

Applegate New Member

what are your guy's favorite athletic shoes... nike, addidas, reebok. what do you guys think of all these nike promotions with the hot
    russian chick Maria Sharapova? i gotta say... i'd go to a match just to watch her

2. Tri-Chris

Tri-Chris New Member

Yer i hear ya!!! I don't think many people actually watch the tennis when shes playing.
    I reckon Adidas.

3. Pottsy

Pottsy ...

Cycling - Specialized fit me best.
    Running - Saucony are my favourites.

Gorgeous that Maria is, I think my choices are all down to foot shape really.

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Off the bike my favourites are whichever look good and they have cheap in TK Maxx. I'm not a label person, and in fact try to avoid wearing the hyped big brands.

Saying that though, on the bike I've just changed shoes. My old Shimano shoes smell like they've been living in a dog kennel for a couple of years, so I've just bought a pair of Specialized Sonoma shoes. They look very nice and fit well so far. And I found a place on t'internet where they were £20 off rrp.

5. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Cycling shoes, Ihave recently bought some Sidi ones and they are comfortable but here in Vietnam I still use my Shimano Carbon Reinforced and find them OK. For running I usually buy Nike but there does seem to be many others on the market that are not well known names but look very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. graham56

graham56 Veteran

This year when on the bike-I will be mostly wearing Shimano

7. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

spesh on the bike
    nike plodding the streets

8. starseven

starseven Guest

Asics for me , very good at stabilising your foot, especially if your a bit fat, not that Im of course. :blush:

9. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I now have a pair of Nike spd walkable roadshoes and they are superb. I bought them because they are availble in a size 49 unlike many other shoes. They are great on the bike and ok off the bike. I would not want to walk for miles in them (especially if it's a shoppong trip with the Mrs!) but they are comfy enough for the odd trip to the pub or...more importantly pushing a loaded tour bike up a pig of a hill occassionally. :blush:

10. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

I wear Diadora SPDs on the bike. They look and feel great.

11. longers

longers Veteran

Nike have/had an ID thingy on their site where you can design trainers and get them made for a fair bit of money. It's good to play with and you can get writing on the heels. I'd love to get someone a pair with something disparaging wrote on them. :blush:

12. piedwagtail91

piedwagtail91 Über Member

diadora on the bike, adidas off it.

13. Lefire

Lefire New Member

Jimmy Chou ?

14. hambones

hambones Well-Known Member

i recently bought some Cannondale RE5000 shoes and they are awesome - they've upped by average no end!! :blush: what's more - they are colour-coordinated with my bike!!

15. gavintc

gavintc Guru

Specialized BG - stunningly comfy. I highly recommend them.