Favourite mug?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy

A present from Mrs JK

Drago

Legendary Member
My favourite heated beverage receptacle.

OP
OP
Nigeyy

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I have an old pint & 1/2 (?) Land Rover mug, that actually has a crust in it, that can be felt!!!

Sadly, I retired that one, & now use one of these
View attachment 572452

At work, I have one of the 'Haynes' workshop manual decalled tin-mugs
That way, if I knock it out of my locker, it won't break..................... it's chipped to hell, & is (yes really!!) oil-stained....

View: https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10214847983265411&set=a.10202729411108681

Hmm thanks... I now have Yorkshire Man tea mug envy.

OP
OP
Nigeyy

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Yes, that happens to me. Though to be honest I don't think I've ever broken one of my mugs. It's just other people in the family, but it's really hard to hide my disappointment. I really know where you are coming from with this.

When I was a student in 1985 I bought 4 giraffe mugs from a hardware shop on Marylebone St. The last one standing broke last month. I was saddened by the loss.

View attachment 572517

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I admit I might have a problem. I find I tend to get an absolute favourite hot beverage mug and get quite attached to it. Just to name a few, I've got very fond memories of a lovely Sheffield Wednesday mug (great size, fantastic blue piping), a National Trust "His Lordship" mug (one of my all time favourites it has to be said, as it allowed me to lord over my family and I still miss it to this day -you obviously can't buy them over here in the States) and I also had a lovely Yorkshire Post mug. All of these have sadly gone to the broken pieces dustpan in the sky.

My current favourite? Hadley's Point Campground mug from Bar Harbor, Maine (now with faded lettering as it has had so much use, and it is a ceramic mug, not an enamel one even though it may look like it). I got it a couple of years ago when I was up in Bar Harbor camping, and have found it to be a perfect size and feel for my cuppas. Once I get a favourite mug, all others are eschewed and even if it's dirty or in the dishwasher, I get it out and wash it to use it. Has anyone else got this same affliction?

View attachment 572434

Should always be a ceramic mug.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Should always be a ceramic mug.
Yep. Tin mugs are all a bit Terry Conran mid-Sixties.

Top Bottom